EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: Heartland International Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Sue,

It was great seeing you and Paul at two rallies (WI and IA) this year! Looking forward to seeing you in Goshen. Thank you for offering - there will be volunteer opportunities. They will be listed in post #1 of this thread. When I do list them, I will post a reply here so everyone knows post #1 has been updated.

See you in Goshen!

Jim

porthole

Retired

Jim - maybe you can get group rates for the RV Museum. I would think that is a "must see" for all. Very nice facility.

jbeletti

Duane,

Yes - we will get a group rate. In fact, we are going there as part of the rally - so the cost is included in the rally fee :)

We all went there in 2009. Not a lot, but some change since then. Still fun to go to.

Jim

jbeletti

Golf Cart Rental Poll

Just wanted to let everyone who is following this rally thread know a new poll has been added. The poll is for those who plan to join the rally and are interested in renting a golf cart for the entire rally period.

Here's a link to the Golf Cart Poll and more details about the rental. Please discuss this item in the poll thread versus this primary rally thread.

Jim

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Re: Golf Cart Rental Poll

Very thoughtful of you Jim. I will bet there may be a bigger response this year than you have had in the past. We started renting them at the Golden Retriever Rescue Camp we attend each year. We found that we were able to get around for visiting much easier and we weren't exhausted by the end of our weekend. Having our own now next to the Harley in our Cyclone has helped us to meet and greet so many new friends at the rally's.
If you are on the fence about renting one I would highly recommend it as Goshen is going to be huge! At an event this big I am sure you wont regret putting in your reservation.

jjwink

We have been to the RV museum twice but would love to go again. Also been to the Studebaker museum and it is great. The self guided tour of the area is also very good. You pick up the CD at local buisinesses , put it in and drive around the country. You see lots of places you wouldn't find on your own. Well worth the minimal price.

Pulltab

We will be there :)

dudley43

Milda and I are certainly going to attend! We so very much enjoyed the 2010 rally (our first) and look forward to the 2011 event. We just hope and trust that we don't have our BH totaled out again on the way home! All is wel,l however, as we were able to purchase a new 2011 3610 and we just love it! We look forward to seeing you all in Goshen.

bradforx

My wife and I would like to attend. What do we have to do?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Hi bradforx - Glad to have you on the forum. Registration starts in January. Keep your eyes peeled to the forum and your email because once registration is opened, you will be notified.

jbeletti

Rally Registration Reminder - time to join the club!

Hey gang,

Just want to remind folks that when rally registration opens, there is an exclusive registration window for Heartland Owners Club members. This is a membership benefit. That, along with a $25 registration discount :)

That said, it is quite possible that the rally will sell-out (200 spaces) within the club member exclusive window.

So - please, please, if you are contemplating joining in on the fun in Goshen, join the Heartland Owners Club today so improve your chance to get one of the 200 spots. Click here to join.

For those reading this who cannot join us in Goshen, but aren't yet Club Members, please note that on January 1, their will be an fee increase for new members. It will go from $60 US to $70 US. Add $20 US to that for shipping to Canada (ships fully prepaid - all duties etc.).

Jim

LaurieK

Bill and I plan to attend again. The 2009 rally was fantastic!

jbeletti

Hi Heartlanders,

Say - our volunteer plan is really coming together. I have the majority of volunteer area assignments filled. Thank you!

If you are interested in volunteering - please visit this thread to review the volunteer activities that still show "Need" by them. Then drop me a note via the link in that thread, with your interest.

Thanks!

Jim

jbeletti

Bill and I plan to attend again. The 2009 rally was fantastic!

See you there Bill and Laurie. We hope to make this rally even more "over the top"!

And I hope to sell it out in the month of January :eek:

jbeletti

Hi Heartlanders,

I added a bit more info to the mini-agenda in post #1 below. I also added a link near the bottom of post #1 for the volunteer opportunities thread. Heartlanders have REALLY stepped up.

We only have a few volunteer opportunities left. Take a look (link).

Jim

artsbighorn

Jan & I are also planning on coming .our first heartland rally.can't wait.we are also going to michigan when we leave.

kb0zke

Jo Ann and I are planning on it too. This will be our first rally, also, since we just picked up our mpg 181 Friday.

jbeletti

Early Rising Coffee Drinking Couple Wanted

Hey Goshen rally attendees!

Are you an early rising coffee drinker? Do you like to serve others?

If so, I seek you for the coffee team :)

Seriously, I am looking for another volunteer couple to make coffee each morning of the rally, Wednesday through Saturday. I'd like coffee to be ready about 7 am each day. This means arriving around 6 am to start the coffee makers.

We have one couple that will be 1/2 the team I seek. Please consider joining Bill and Ornell Sims (osims) on the coffee team.

My concept is that each couple will switch off days or some other plan that you determine together.

Is it you? :)

Coffee Service
Prepares coffee by 7 am in the rally hall each morning and cleans pots/carafes when coffee is gone. Recruit helpers as needed - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Caterer will provide coffee on Sunday morning.

• Bill and Ornell Sims (osims)
  • Need 2 people to co-lead this activity

cjbearden

Visitor
Re: Early Rising Coffee Drinking Couple Wanted

J.D. and I can help Bill and Ornell with the coffee chores. Have to get up early to feed the cat, might as well go make coffee.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Re: Early Rising Coffee Drinking Couple Wanted

Jim,

Carol and I are early risers so we can help in this area. Sleeping in late to us is 6 AM.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.