EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, College Park - 8/12/2011 to 8/14/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
OK - you folks need to get on the ball and get signed up for this one! While we recognize that our attendance will be limited due to other summer activities, etc, it would be nice to get at least 15 rigs together. If you've never been to our nation's capital, or want to visit again, this is a perfect opportunity. Cherry Hill is a terrific campground with easy access to downtown DC via Metro bus and subway - don't worry, we'll help you navigate the system. Hope to see more of you signing up soon!

handva

Might have to think about this one. We are going to be starting a week long trip on that Saturday. Still trying to figure out a spot to stay Sat to Tues morning.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Visiting DC from Cherry Hill Park is very easily done even for a NJ Pine Barrens kid who never rode the subway! It was very interesting and so convenient to everything our Nation's Capitol has to offer it's visitors.

Don't forget that there are always simple and laid back opportunities at the campground if you are not interested in visiting DC. Their pools are wonderful and let's not forget the Hot Tub! Don't feel like cooking breakfast? Sneak over to the snack shop and have them cook one up for ya! Clean, courtious and accommodating is how I would describe Cherry Hill Park!

Let's do this! Hope to see you there!

jbeletti

On my way home from the first NJ rally, I stopped over in MD and stayed at Cherry Hill for a week or so. Nancy flew in and we took public trans from the CG to DC daily. Loved it. My camp site was about 50 feet from the bus station "within" then CG. Short hop to the train and a decent ride to DC and viola - perfect way to get there!

Jim

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Yes, the cg makes it very easy to take advantage of all the sights and eateries in our Nation's Capitol. If you like Chinese, China Town is a must stop area. That was one of the best things about working in DC for 35+ years!!! Come on and join us

Jim-n-Leslie

Yeah, we got all excited because Cherrystone is close to use (Cheriton, VA on the Eastern Shore) and we thought maybe there was one we missed. Thanks!
Jim & Leslie

chkwgn

Sorry about the last post, I did make reservations at Cherry Hill not Cherry Stone. I was talking with another person about going to Cherry Stone and my mind didn't disengage. But Cherry Stone is a nice campground, they have lots of activities. A little expensive to get there if you take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

ringhanger

Mike & Ann, Please order a med shirt for Diane and a lg shirt for me. You can also count us in for the crabs.
Bob & Diane

nomare

John and I are coming. I made the resaervations back in April but forgot to post. If Teeshirts are available John and I would like a large and an XLarge. Should I send payment or pay at the rally. Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.