• Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $0
Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Site fee: $52.20 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person, $20 per rig for non-HOC attendees.
  • Cutoff date for reservations is Aug 1st.
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date:
  • Potluck time: TBD
  • Event Leader: boatto5er(click to contact) and mjatwalker
Additional Info:
Please join us for a "Capital Rally" (A Monumental Event!): This is a joint rally co-hosted by the Maryland and Virginia Chapters. This is a terrific opportunity to see our nation's capital and all the monuments and other attractions. There is a Metro bus stop in the park for easy connections to the subway into DC and all the Capital sights. The NJ, MD, and VA chapter leaders stayed here the first weekend in November and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. For more information contact either the VA (g_funderburg@yahoo.com) or MD (mdheartlandowners@verizon.net) chapter leaders.

Cherry Hill is a great RV park. It is easily accessable from the Washinton, DC Beltway (I-495). All sites will be back-ins with full hook ups, 30/50amp, water, sewer, and cable TV. Specific sites will not be assigned until arrival. We have a group area reserved so we will all be close together. You can also pick up approximately 20 over the air channels (many in HD) with your antenna. There will be a nominal ($2 per person) charge for us to use the conference center. We'll collect that at the rally.

Links:
www.wmata.com (DC area bus and subway transportation)
www.arlingtoncemetery.mil
www.tourmobile.com (popular DC tour service)
www.newseum.org
www.wwiimemorial.com
www.nasm.si.edu (air and space museum)
www.mnh.si.edu (museum of natural history)
www.spymuseum.org (spy museum)
www.fordstheatre.org (where Lincoln was shot)
www.aoc.gov (US Capitol Website)
http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/wash/sitelist.htm (List of dozens of other interesting places/sights)

When you make your reservation, PLEASE send me an email or post a message in this thread so I can keep track of who is coming - THANKS! I will try to keep a running list of attendees posted here:

1. John and Deb Bylinski (prize for being first!)
2. Mike and Ann Walker
3. Jamie and Ginger Walker
4. Mark and Lucia Burton
5. Gus and Debra Funderburg
6. Mark and Linda Millen
7. Duane and Debbie Clause
8. Chuck and Jean Strub
9. John and Mary Ann Proto
10. Bob and Betty Floyd
11. Rob and Donna Winkler (cancelled)
12. Roger and Kelly Beasley
13. Mike and Connie Cuzzort

Attachments

• College Park Rally Agenda.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Jim & Harriet

yikes - we feel caught between two worlds!
Just today I receved information about an August rally in Tennessee
and now an August rally in Maryland too ... so many rallys ... so few vacation days!

jbeletti

Y'all have a great one - I will be in WI at that time. DC is a wonderful place to visit and our stay at Cherry Hill earlier this year was a good one.

Jim

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
yikes - we feel caught between two worlds!
Just today I receved information about an August rally in Tennessee
and now an August rally in Maryland too ... so many rallys ... so few vacation days!

Tough decisions await you or you could do what we do and go to em all!! Hope you are able to juggle you time and join us. It will be a good time.

dieselsweetheart

Hello my fellow CL's.... can't do this one.... I will be on my long-awaited AK cruisetour at this time. With Dave and Nona...and yes, DH. We are going to have a wonderful trip but we'll think of you!!! This will be a great rally!

truknutt

Committed Member
Hello my fellow CL's.... can't do this one.... I will be on my long-awaited AK cruisetour at this time. With Dave and Nona...and yes, DH. We are going to have a wonderful trip but we'll think of you!!! This will be a great rally!

Now wait a minute, I haven't confirmed anything, yet!!! Gotta keep my options open!!

jbeletti

Making a bunch of campground registrations this week for leg 1 of Jim's Big Adventure 2011. Sure wish I could make DC again this year but it's not in the cards for me.

For anyone who can possibly make this rally, especially if you've never been to the nation's capitol, don't pass this one up. Cherry Hill CG has a bus stop right in on property that takes you to the train that whisks you to DC. Good times.

Have a great rally!

Jim

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Signed up today.....YAHOO. We can't Wait. Cancelled a week at the beach and we are going to do 5 days in DC with a Rally as a bonus.

The lady that took our reservations did not know anything about a rally but she said that she would look into it and put us with the group. Looking foward to seeing eveyone.

mjatwalker

Signed up today.....YAHOO. We can't Wait. Cancelled a week at the beach and we are going to do 5 days in DC with a Rally as a bonus.

The lady that took our reservations did not know anything about a rally but she said that she would look into it and put us with the group. Looking foward to seeing eveyone.

Glad you guys are going to be able to join us. This is a great venue and close to all the DC attractions and best of all you don't need to drive!

I'll call tomorrow and find out why there was confusion. Looking forward to rallying HARD, especially after this cold, now snowy Winter. Come on Spring!!

mjatwalker

I talked w/the cg and learned that the folks taking the reservations are not aware of the scheduled rallies this far in advance. That's why it is important to mention that you are a part of the Heartland rally when you call as the reservationists will put that note in the booking to ensure you are assigned a site within the group. Jamie your reservation was noted correctly.

I also realized that we had not made our reservations yet so I took care of that too!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks for the follow up. We are already filling up the days with monuments and museums. So much to do and so little time. We are excited!!!!!

Thanks
Jamie

davebennington

We have always wanted to stay in the College Park campground, we just cannot make it to this one as we will be in AK or on the way back.

Dave & Julie

mjatwalker

In the spirit of "Heartland gives back" we have selected FISH of Howard County as our local charity. I became familiar with the good works of this organization through my neighbors, Carol and Frank Kitzmiller, and through our church. This organization has been helping needy families for over 38 years with food and prescription drug assistance as well as financial assistance for rent, to avert a utility cut-off, etc. FISH accepts donations of non-perishable food items as well as monetary donations. All donations are tax deductible with 97% of your donation going directly to those in need. The remaining 3% pays for telephone service, printing, postage and other miscellaneous expenses. I feel this organization is truly worthy of our support, so I would ask everyone attending to consider supporting FISH in some small way. Thanks.

Come on ya all and let's go camping!!! Don't wait make your reservations today.

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I think we have our reservation but we will surely mark the needs of FISH on the calendar! What does FISH stand for?

mjatwalker

I think we have our reservation but we will surely mark the needs of FISH on the calendar! What does FISH stand for?
The letters do not stand for any specific words. The fish symbol comes from biblical times when people escaping from persecution could find refuge and care at homes with a drawing of a fish on their doorways.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
The letters do not stand for any specific words. The fish symbol comes from biblical times when people escaping from persecution could find refuge and care at homes with a drawing of a fish on their doorways.

Well thank you for the explaination! They say "you learn something new everyday" and it's true!

Status
Not open for further replies.