Bought a new Dodge

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My trusty old GMC 2500 just couldn't hack it any more so I traded it for a new 2010 Dodge 3500 DRW Crew Cab. I only took delivery of the new truck today but so far it is great!

My image couldn't be downloaded. As soon as I figure it out, I'll add a photo of this beauty.
Note: Jim got the photo downloaded for me. Thanks Jim
DSCF0188.JPG

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry to hear your GMC bit the dust but it is always nice to have a new one. Congratulations. Enjoy it.

Moose

You will be amazed how well they can tow! Now you'll be a "happy camper" LOL I am envious.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Nice looking truck...it should pull the BH easily.
We just bought a 2010 "grocery getter" Hemi Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4, cool vanilla, cool chrome.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yea Dodge - congratulations!! did you get the laramie package? We have had 2 Dodges with that package and don't think we will get another dodge unless it has it.

DMitch

I have always been a GM guy but the other day I test drove a new Dodge that looks like a twin to your new one. I was really impressed, good luck with the new truck Jay.

PUG

Pug
I sold my 3/4 Chev Duramax srw and bought an09 Ram 3500 Mega, short box Laramie. The dually makes it much more stable, the Cummins pulls like a bunch of Clydsdales and so far I absolutely love it. I pull a 09 Cyclone 3950 loaded with Toys in the garage weighs about 19 K. No problem whatsover. I would rather drive it than my Acura.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
I have an old 05 Ram with the 5.9 Cummins and I just love it that baby just pulls like nothing. Over the years I have had GM's Fords and Dodges. I have finally come to the conclusion I like the Dodge the best. I know each to his own but that is just my 2 cents worth. Enjoy the new truck!
Regards
Wayne

alkyspeed

Great Choice ---- The Cummins Turbo Diesel will not let you down. Ditto to the other posts, but it can't be said to many times.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I didn't get the Laramie package because it came standard with too many things I didn't want (Nav system, DVD player in back seat) so I chose the SLT.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Now I'm looking forward to January when we go to the RGV.

GOTTOYS

That new Ram is one nice truck. I didn't want the DVD player, nav. or the bucket seats either. I was lucky enough to find a Laramie that was pretty much the base model that didn't have all that on it. Still has a radio I haven't completely figured out yet and leather. I was never much of a Dodge fan until I drove one of these 2010's. I hope you will like yours as much as I like mine...Don

Jellystone

Congratulations on the new "ride". I know that y'all will LOVE that truck. The torque and power in the Cummins is great. These Dodge trucks handle very well when pulling a 5er. Notice how good the turn radius is on that vehicle. Great choice. :cool:

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I've been looking at the 2010 and 2011 and woulf love to move up but the difference on my 04 is brutal. Don't think I can afford a 2011 and finding a 2010 that I like is tough after the great incentive Dodge offered "free Deisel". Still looking and might find a good user 2010.../Doug