Fireplace Y or N

phix

Just thinking about the options to order or not. I'm not sure if I will miss a fireplace or not. Right now, I think I would rather have the cabinet space.

Those of you that have one, are you glad that you do? Is it used?

Those that do not have a fireplace, do you wish that you did?

Thanks.

jnbhobe

I always said whats the need for a fireplace?? But we got one anyways, its a lot of money. I have to admit it sure is nice to take off the chill, works real good

jbeletti

For us YES. First 5th wheel, my wife said no - but I ordered it anyway. She LOVED it. Last 3 have all had it. I agree, if you need the cabinet space, then it's a no-go. Good luck with your decision.

Jim

caissiel

We love ours, its a safe heater for cold nights
Its been on for the last 3 weeks saving me propane.
Love the heat on my right as I write this

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
At first, we thought the idea of a fireplace was somewhat silly but...we are very glad we have it! Not only is it decorative (really didn't need more storage), but it is a very effective heater for those cool mornings and adds a nice ambience with a glass of wine at dinner! Personally, I say get it!

Best Wishes!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the first four posts. We had one in our last BH and have one now, we would not be without one.
But then again if you need the cabinet.........
Do you have FP now?

Peace
Dave

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Well I guess I am going to be the odd ball. We don't have one and I like the extra space. But then again I like the cold so even if we got another trailer I am not sure if we would get one. But I have to admit they are pretty.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Absolutely yes - love being able to have a nice looking fire. Oh - by the way - the heating part is real nice to knot the chill off in the mornings.

jpajax

would have to fight not only my wife but our youngest son AJ if I ever got another camper that didn't have one.:eek:

Attachments

• AJ (27).jpg
    AJ (27).jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 41
  • AJ (1).JPG
    AJ (1).JPG
    763.7 KB · Views: 36
  • AJ (42).JPG
    AJ (42).JPG
    334 KB · Views: 31

supernan1414

We didn't get it and we are both a little sorry. We have a seasonal site in a co op campground and electric heaters are not allowed, we didn't want questions or finger pointing so opted not to get it. We have found that on cold nights the furnace blows to much heat in the bedroom, we replaced the grate with a slider closer but the heat still come though. I do use the cabinet for the blankets for the airbed. The drawer under the seat is only big enough for pillows. We are now planing a trip to North and South Carolina late winter and think we will put supplemental heat i. e. Eden Pure or similar product in the living room area so we should have went ahead and got the fireplace.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Don't have it. Been in friend's rig that does. Don't miss it, wouldn't buy it. I like the cabinet space next to my desk. I'm happy with a portable electirc fireplace without the light show (AKA a space heater.)

shovelguy

We LOVE our fp. Initially thought it was a little presumptious but wouldn't ever give it up now. Great on stormy days at the beach to sit in front of the fire and get all toasty cozy. We have so much storage even with the fp that we don't feel at any loss. Another yes vote.

robnmo

Our Cyclone came with one (standard part of package), we didn't think we'd use it, but glad it's there now. Used it alot, like several others said, it's really nice to knock off the chill, without using the furnace..........and it makes for some nice evenings. ;)

Paul & Nan

Have to agree, we love ours. Just the campfire feel when you can't have a campfire is great. Plus taking off the early morning or late evening chill is so nice. Nan

phix

Thanks so much. These are some very good thoughts. I am sold. Will get the FP. DH will have to find somewhere else for the printer. I like to be cool and he likes to be warm, so he can sit next to the thing.

Currently we are without an RV. Planning on taking the plunge early next year and am putting lots of thought into it. I'd like to get it right the first time, but it is also fun to plan.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
I vote YES to the fireplace. Quite effective as others have stated with taking the chill out. So nice watching a late movie with just the TV and fireplace on. VERY romantic!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Our unit didn't come with one, but installed one from Lowe's ($300) after. We love it. As stated above, great for taking the chill off. Not so sure I would order one since it was much cheaper to install myself and really a rather simple job.