Slide Breaker..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Over a period of time my breaker for the slides has started to trip. First it was just the large slide. It only happens when moving the slides in. Not moving them out It would trip once then after a few seconds I could continue moving the slide in. Then after a while it would trip twice. Now the small living room slide is stopping on the way in and also the big slide.

I have not had a problem with the slides going all the way in.

I would like to know where the breaker is located and where I can get one.

I would have placed this in the Ask the Factory, but I would like to see if anyone else has run into this problem before I ask to have the thread moved to the Ask the Factory.

Thanks
BC

2008 Heartland Bighorn 3400RE #9948

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, HERE is a link to one possible solution. Sounds like these breakers can get weak. Don't know that for a fact though.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bobcat, the breaker is located in the front storage compartment on the wall just above the battery location. It is under one of those red plastic insulating caps. You'll have to trace the wires to the hydraulic motor to determine which breaker it is. Mine just started acting up as well but only once. I was thinking my main slide had gone out of adjustment and may be starting to bind on the beams.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, Ray is correct. They are in the front compartment. Just follow the cables from the battery to the wall. The slide breaker should have the wires from the pump connected to it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bobcat, does your recently installed Bigfoot system use the same/original hydraulic pump & reservoir as the front landing gear was using?

My reason for asking, could the additional usage be causing the breaker to fail prematurely? Maybe a new breaker is needed and maybe it should be a slightly larger capacity. Just thinking out loud here. Not from any real world experience.

I have read posts regarding the electric landing gear breaker being replaced with a larger one, but nothing about the hydraulic system like yours.

One more thing, check for any loose connections in the wiring for the hydraulic motor, they cause heat and will affect a breaker.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Interesting point, Ray. Brings up another question about going to a hydraulic system, like Bigfoot or Level Up. Will the OEM slide hydraulic pump handle the upgrade, or do you need to add another hydraulic pump system to a BH, particularly a 3670? For those that have gone to an upgraded electric jack, like the Reico-Titan, did it require adding an additional mini-breaker to the buss bar?

Don't mean to hijack your thread, Bob.

jnbhobe

When we had the Level-up installed they changed the hydraulic pump to match the bigger system they didn't change the breaker that I know of.