Want to lower 3670rl on cement slab we about to do

glendalee

We are about to pour slab 19x40 for 38' bh and am wondering if one were to make a gradual lowering area in middle where the tires will sit, if this would help in lowering the rv to get in and out of easier.

RoadJunkie

That might work, but I wonder if you have considered adding a small section, outside of your rectangle, as a porch that aligns with your steps? The porch could be poured to ramp up to the steps, or you could pour steps as part of the porch. I wish I had a nice slab like that to park my 3670! Post pics when it's finished.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Seems like the water would just stay right where you would want to have it dry.

aatauses

Remember to have a slight grade to the slab, that way water will run off rather than sitting around your tires
al

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Remember to have a slight grade to the slab, that way water will run off rather than sitting around your tires
al
Yes, definitely pitch it or even crown the slab if you can. If you pitch it, I would pitch it lower towards the nose. That way there is less jacking involved when hooking/unhooking. Building a set of steps is easy and cheap. You can make them out of treated for about $60. 5 treads. Pull them a few inches away when pulling out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would also go with the moveable steps, rather than stationary ones. Makes moving the rig easier. And if you set the tires in depressions/pits, they'll be sitting in stagnant water after the first rain. Not real good. If I were doing this, I'd go with a slight crown running down the center of the pad for drainage.

patrick1945

Building convenient move-able or buying prefabricated steps would seem to me a much more practical solution. You can also cut wheel pads out of 2 X 10 PT.