Pluming Question

jpajax

Would like to cap off or put shut off valve in the water lines going to washer. Hate to put a lot of money in crimping tool for four fittings. Has any body try ed the fitting called a Vanguard push coupling,it states that it is approved for behind wall applications. Sell them at Lowe's

lwmcguir

Have used those and one called shark as well. Both are still holding and should really never fail under normal use.

GOTTOYS

I used several of the Shark Bite fittings. Got them at the Depot. They really work great for tight places......Don

lwmcguir

I would use more of them if the price wasn't a bit steep. Bought the tool and it will do 3/4 for the house as well as 1/2 for the coach. Don't take many fittings to justify the tool.

jpajax

Thanks I think I will give them a try. Also thought about putting low point drains in while I was in there anybody done this?

jnbhobe

I cut the W/D lines out completely. I was able to remove the black box in the storage compartment then cut the water lines and drain line out at the basement wall and then I pulled the drawer out of the dresser lifted up the bottom and cut out the other end. I used the plastic fittings on the water lines and Fernco caps on the drain. Gained about 6" of head room in the doorway.

2010augusta

If you cap off the washer lines, do it close to the main line "Tee" so you don't create a long dead-end run that would be hard to winterize

jpajax

Your right about dead head that"s when the idea of low point drain came in if it is at a low point.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I used the ones from Lowes to remove the low point drains. About $20 for both and a hour of time. No leaks yet.