bathroom fan switch

FARMER45

i would like a fan switch, by the light switch in bathroom, so when you are reading paper and wife yells turn on the fan, it would be in reach

ChopperBill

Why dont you put a 3-4 length of dowel rod next to the potty then when you are making a nature call and for get the fan just take the rod and push on the switch. Hope your vent is open though. I have a vent cover on ours and it is open at least a crack most of the time.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what model or floor plan rig you have, but when we had a BH 3400RL I installed a FantasticVent in the comode room. When I had the old fan out I was able to reach around through the "attic" and fish two wires down through the wall where the light switch wires ran. Then installed a two gang switch. One for the light and one for the fan. Worked greatl as it was only a short reach away from the stool.
Sorry, no pics.

Peace
Dave

SmokeyBare

Or...

You could replace the push button switch with one like used on Ceiling fans. A Pull Chain Switch with a chain long enough to reach while sitting. :)

andy

I was able to fish two wires down by the light switch by removing the ceiling fan housing . I first ran one wire to the fan an used the light switch for the 12vt feed but when i turned the fan on the light dimmed

RoadJunkie

Or, you could try to remember to turn on the fan before you, ah, ahem, sit. Whew, got it right this time.