Caliber is going to become North Trail Caliber Edition

pegmikef

I have been looking at the Caliber 265RLS (I think) to replace my new Edge M21 to gain a few extra feet of space and a little better layout (chairs actually face the TV). I want to stick to Heartland, because of the excellent experience we have had with the Edge. Two dealers, so far, have told me that the Caliber is being discontinued and it will become the North Trail Caliber Edition 26RLS (the one I'm looking at). Is this true? If so, what happened to the laminated flooring (or is that becoming an option)? Thanks, Mike

mikeyy53

We like you were going to replace our Edge with a Caliber. Just ordered a new pickup to go with the new Caliber. We want to stay with Heartland. Now we'll have to see what happens to the Caliber line.

jbeletti

I don't have any details for you on this but I think you'll like what will be done with the lines. We'll have to sit tight until sometime after the Louisville show (next week) to see what the factory guys can pass on to you. Happy to hear you want to move up from your Edge to the Caliber. Let's try to keep you in the Heartland family :)

Treeban

Caliber Senior Owner
Oh great. so we just bought a brand spanking new 2011 Caliber and now there is a rumor that they are discontinuing the Caliber line? Wonderful, it's like owing a Yugo?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You could be another one of the lucky 'Classic" owners like us "Classic" Landmark owners. (Classic owners own discontinued models and lines)

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Here's a couple pics of the North Trail Caliber Edition I hauled into the Louisville RVIA show from the Heartland Caliber Facebook page. I don't think comparing it to a Yugo is even close, Heartland is still in business and you can get parts and support from the Factory.

155307_180691701945264_112634875417614_703917_4383917_n.jpg

155307_180691691945265_112634875417614_703916_2983657_n.jpg

155307_180691658611935_112634875417614_703915_995345_n.jpg

That's very nice. Looks like a full body paint version.
Also looks like it may have frameless windows like Keystone's Bullet Premier.

Thanks for the pics!

Me too Treeban!
I have a 3 week old 2011 Caliber........

But in fairness, the salesman told me that Caliber was being rebranded next year.

RoushF150

I was at the RVIA in Louisville and was in the same Caliber Edition that is on the float in the picture. It comes in white and the paint is an option. I liked the grey better. The floor is now a ceramic pattern but is still the Beauflor material. The cabinets are all Cherrywood now and the Mocha is gone. Windows are frameless. They discontinued the 315REDS floorplan and renamed most if not all of the others. Interior patterns are Cafe Mocha, Eclipes and Slate. Blinds are wood and the kitchen taps are a pull-out spray design.

Biggest problem is if your Caliber dealer was not also a North Trail dealer they will no longer be able to sell these Caliber Editions. The dealer I know sold Calibers but not the North Trail line and can not get them.

M

Mcreech

I have been looking at the Caliber 265RLS (I think) to replace my new Edge M21 to gain a few extra feet of space and a little better layout (chairs actually face the TV). I want to stick to Heartland, because of the excellent experience we have had with the Edge. Two dealers, so far, have told me that the Caliber is being discontinued and it will become the North Trail Caliber Edition 26RLS (the one I'm looking at). Is this true? If so, what happened to the laminated flooring (or is that becoming an option)? Thanks, Mike

The Caliber of last year (grey fiberglass) is going away.... However, the Caliber option within the North Trail brand will give you everything of last years caliber except the fiberglass will be white in color instead of grey......Plus we added framless windows, wood blinds, solid surface counter top in the bathroom.....I hope this helps