Discussion

Arkansas Chapter

We live in Hot Springs. Maybe those interested could meet at a campground in Hot Springs in the Spring just to talk and see what we can do about forming a chapter. Lake Ouachita State Park is really nice.

lwfox002

We live in Paris and would like to see an Arkansas chapter and rally. Petit Jean State Park might be nice.

We could possibly make a meeting at Lake Ouachita State Park sometime in the spring.

jbeletti

Hey all,

I just created this Arkansas Chapter forum and moved the this thread into it.

By my count as of today, there have been 7 couples who have indicated interest in joining an Arkansas club chapter,

Now we need someone to step up to accept the role of chapter leader. That said, nothing preclude y'all from setting a first rally date and having a small gathering or two until your club is more formalized. In fact, at one of these smaller rallies, perhaps a leader will emerge!

Jim

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Arkansas Chapter

Hi Jim . . .

Southwest Region ?!?!?! Wouldn't Arkansas be more in line with the Southeast Region or, perhaps, we could initiate a South Central Region with a North Central as well. Just for tickles and grins !

jammaw08

Jim, thanks for starting the Arkansas Chapter thread but where did everyone go? We had a little trouble finding it but here we are.

jimtoo

Hi Jim . . .

Southwest Region ?!?!?! Wouldn't Arkansas be more in line with the Southeast Region or, perhaps, we could initiate a South Central Region with a North Central as well. Just for tickles and grins !

Call it the Hillbilly chapter.:D

jbeletti

Hillbilly Chapter - funny :D

Say, I will be redoing the entire Regional structure as soon as I come up with a better one. There are so many ways to slice and dice the country. And there seems to be are US Regions map for many things (USDA, US Census etc.).

I want to keep it simple for now, the further sub-divide later only if it makes sense to. Here's where my thinking is today on this:

Northeast
  • Connecticut
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • New Hampshire
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Pennsylvania
Southeast
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Mississippi
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Virgina
  • West Virgina
Midwest
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • South Dakota
  • Wisconsin
Southwest
  • Arizona
  • New Mexico
  • Oklahoma
  • Texas
West
  • Colorado
  • Idaho
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • Utah
  • Wyoming
  • Alaska
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Oregon
  • Washington

Northwest Region?

Jim,
I think you are pretty much on track but in my mind I just can't picture N. Carolina, Virginia or W. Virginia in the S.E. region. Also I think you could split some of the west region out and form a N.W. region. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.
Jeff

jbeletti

Thanks for the input Jeff. If you or anyone else would have time and interest to do so, I'd really like to receive some links to a US Regional map that makes even better sense.

There are so many break-outs online but some are too detailed, or broken out for purposes that are too far fetched for our purposes.

The break-out I have below was one of the better ones I found and I would not go so far as to say it's the best.

As for a NW Region - makes sense to me. I just want to keep the first cut at carving out major regions - simple, yet sensible.

Thanks in advance for helping me find that sensibility.

Jim

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Regions

Hi Jim . . .

We're members of SMART (Special Military Active & Retired Travelers) and they have a pretty good regional split. You might check it out on their website www.smartrving.org

Sandy

jimtoo

Jim, just my thoughts, but you might add Louisiana and Arkansas to what you have now as Southwest, and then call it Southcentral.
Jim (the other Jim)

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
SMART Membership

Hi Jim and All . . . . this post doesn't really belong in the Arkansas thread so feel free to move it where you think best . . . .we wanted to invite Heartland members who might be retired military RVers to check out our military organization . . SMART. As I mentioned before, it stands for Special Military Active & Retired Travel Club (we like to say "travelers" but that is actually incorrect). It's a great group of folks all with some type of military background with state chapters (some states have numerous chapters), with regional and national presence. We'd love to correspond with anyone who might be interested in checking out this additional avenue of meeting RVing folks and traveling together. Tom & I would be happy to sponsor those interested in becoming members, whether you're located in Arkansas or across this great nation of ours. Contact us via our Heartland link to discuss.

Happy traveling !

Sandy

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I would also like to be included in the Arkansas Heartland owners club. Suppose to pickup our new 3670RL Saturday. We live in Sheridan. Really looking forward to the Big Horn.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Arkansas Chapter

Welcome to the family, we have a Heartland owners group in Arkansas, at the current time Betty and I are in the process of getting a date and location for the owners to get together for a mini rally/meeting and share ideas for our state as well as to discuss the upcoming rally in June at branson. Please don't hesitate to PM me a message and we can get together on some questions or just to find out about your new
Big Horn :D.
Respectfully,
Mike

jammaw08

Welcome to the group bsummit. We are just now getting acquainted and are looking forward to meeting everyone at the mini-rally. Hope you enjoy your BH as much as we do ours.

bsummit

Welcome

Welcome to the family, we have a Heartland owners group in Arkansas, at the current time Betty and I are in the process of getting a date and location for the owners to get together for a mini rally/meeting and share ideas for our state as well as to discuss the upcoming rally in June at branson. Please don't hesitate to PM me a message and we can get together on some questions or just to find out about your new
Big Horn :D.
Respectfully,
Mike

Thanks for the welcome. We got home tonight at 6:45PM with the Big Horn. We staarted to sleep in it tonight but realized we didn't have any king size sheets so that will have to wait. We love it.:D:D:D

bsummit

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks Russ and Barb for the welcome. We made it home this evening with the Big Horn (3670RL) and really like it. Can't wait to use it. It's been a long day. We bought it at Great Escapes RV up by Mountain Home, and that's a 440 mile round trip. Looking forward to meeting everyone. At the present time I'm still working and won't retire until the end of the year, so I might not be able to be at the rally.

Bill and Janice

jammaw08

We know how excited you guys are. We got ours in Oct. and the excitement hasn't worn off yet. Russell belongs to a hunting club between Benton and Sheridan. He took the BH last season. It's a nice camp and we really enjoyed it. I'm not much for the boondocking though. Enjoy!:D