Wiki Request

Wharton

I just looked at the Wiki for the Thermostat and the only directions there are for a Honeywell. I believe most of us have installed a Hunter. Would it be possible to add the instructions for the Hunter into the Wiki?

Thanks

2010augusta

it is already there.

//heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Thermostat#Installing_a_Hunter_Digital_Thermostat

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This may be the information you're looking for. It is missing from the Wiki file.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2279&d=1210608693

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 class=inlineimg title="Stick Out Tongue" alt="" src="//heartlandowners.org/images/smilies/tongue.png" smilieid="5" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" border="0" o</v:shapetype>referrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><V:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></V:path>fficeffice" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com//heartlandowners.org/ /><o:lock aspectratio=</o:lock><v:shape style="WIDTH: 355.5pt; HEIGHT: 558pt" id=lightboximg0 alt="" o:button="t" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.jpg" o:href="//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2273&d=1210607762"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

I've got the photo and diagram in a Word file, but it won't load into this software. And I've been too lazy to download a .pdf conversion program. This link will get you to the original modification.

http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/07/14/rv-digital-thermostat

2010augusta

the problem with any of the pics and instruction is Heartland and Hunter keep changing wire colors and pin layouts.

John's 2009 and our 2010 look very different eventhough it is the same unit almost John's is the 42999A and ours is the 42999B

and the original mod diagram has no relevance to the HL wire colors.

John's 2009
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2279&d=1210608693

Our 2010
//heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/images/2/2e/Hunter_Wire.JPG

ChopperBill

Agreed. When I put the Hunter in our "11" I wired it the same as our "06". Did not work. Hooked up a lonely wire from the trailer wiring and it worked. Dont even remember which one it was. I was kinda frustrated at the time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Actually, I think my Hunter might the "B" model. I seem to recall looking for the original "A" model and only finding the "B", so I went with it. I think there were two iterations of the instructions, with the earlier one being the "A" model. Also, if you install the fan switch, it is not necessary to try soldering to the "G" pin, just connect the wire to the corresponding screw terminal on the mounting plate and you'll accomplish the same thing once the thermostat is mounted.

The link photo is not my install, but a photo I copied. The "ModMyRV" link are the instructions to follow for the "B" model.