Fifth Wheel Skirt

jpmorgan37

A few months ago, I mentioned that I had purchased a fifth wheel skirt from The Shade Shack. Some of you have e-mailed me about the skirt so I decided to give you an update with some pictures. I really like the job that they did. The only issue that I have is on the front due to the irregular shape and that was my fault in not providing them with the proper measurements. The mini skirt that they give you (free) is great for keeping stuff out of the enclosure. I slipped some 3/4 inch PVC pipe in the bottom hem to keep it from flapping in the breeze (and we have plenty of that in Texas) which works great. If you need additional information, I'll try to answer your questions. Here is the web site: http://www.rvshadeshack.com/Products/Fifth

John

Attachments

• Door open. two strap hold it up.  Note PVC pipe at bottom to hold bottom straight..JPG
    Door open. two strap hold it up. Note PVC pipe at bottom to hold bottom straight..JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Skirt with door zipped closed..JPG
    Skirt with door zipped closed..JPG
    144 KB · Views: 194
  • Cutout for hitch.JPG
    Cutout for hitch.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Front cutout for hitch.  Need snaps at corner.  Different measurements will provide snaps.JPG
    Front cutout for hitch. Need snaps at corner. Different measurements will provide snaps.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Better picture of corner.JPG
    Better picture of corner.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Mini Skirt.JPG
    Mini Skirt.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 163
  • This is how I secured the PVC pipe.  Also the mini skirt is snapped closed..JPG
    This is how I secured the PVC pipe. Also the mini skirt is snapped closed..JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 204

jbeletti

Nice pics John. Thanks for the on-going review of this product. From your pics, looks like the bi-pod works better with this product than a tripod would.
If we stayed in a spot for a week or longer, I could see this product being handy to have.
Jim

jpmorgan37

Hi Jim;
The tripod would work well if you positioned the third leg towards the front of the RV. That leg would need to be painted RED and probably need a flashing light on it, if it was on my camper otherwise I would be tripping over it all the time. When we don't pull the 6 x 10, our little freezer goes under the skirt. It is very handy when you sit for a few days.
John