"Winter" inside sweat ?????

bozo

Now that winter is here and we are using alot of inside heat we are getting alot of sweat (Moisture)
build up on the windows and inside the roof vents. It is bad first thing in the morning and sometimes even drips from the vents. What can I do to make this better. Someone said on this forum that they leave the vents cracked a little I have tried that it does not seem to help.

Thanks,

bozo

Bobby A

I used to have the same problem on my last coach, its kinda the nature of the beast with single pane RV windows. I've heard of some useing a small dehumidifyer. I never did like cracking the windows and vents because of heat loss. I'm sure others will chime in on this topic. I ordered dual pane on my new coach and the problem was eliminated.

Rickhansen

Like Bobby A mentioned, you can't eliminate all condensation. You can and should take precautions to limit the amount of moisture in your rig by using the stove vent fan when cooking and the shower area vent fan when showering. Make sure your washer/dryer is properly vented if you have one. Many folks, us included, have purchased small dehumidifiers and run them while camping in cooler temperatures. When the condensation is heavy, you should wipe it up with a towel.

Keeping the humidity and condensation to a minimum is key to your comfort and to the longevity of your rig.

bozo

Thanks for the info I do have a couple of questions. What size dehumidifier? Do you go by Sq/ft or do they make a camper model? What kind do you have? I did not mention this but it was total cloud cover last week with off and on rain. A dehumidifier would work well with outside humidity over 90%. The moisture inside the rig hast no where to go. The cushions sound like a good idea as well looks like CW has them on sale for under 6 dollars right now.

Thanks for the info. HAPPY CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bozo

2010augusta

We have a Frigidaire unit rated at 50 pints/day and it does a great job. if is rain and warm it will easily fill the 2 gallon bucket twice a day.

SmokeyBare

I've used a window insulating kit on our windows in our old farm house. Not sure if your willing to consider this on your RV but anytime you can create an air space it acts as insulation and might just help with the window condensate. They sell low cost film that attaches with double side tape. Then by using a hair dryer on the material it shrinks it to a smooth surface.

Ace hardware has them, here's their link:>> http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1286194&CAWELAID=109365640

Marv

boatdoc

We and some other family members use the Soleus brand of dehu's. They are very quiet and seam to work great. We have two of them and use them in the sticks and brick and 5th wheel.

bozo

Thanks for the info I think I will go with the dehumidifier. We are in North GA, and its getting down around 28-30 F some nights and I am sad to say its about time to put the TT to bed for the winter. We have had a blast camping this year and I just dont like talking about Pink Stuff. HAPPY CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bozo