Heartand Bumper Stickers

sdagro

I could use three and will not charge Heartland one cent for display on my vehices

DITTO DAT!!! I never could see paying for something to advertise for someone else s product. Years ago when Coke came out with all of their apparel, I said "are you serious". JMOA. I would like to have a heartland sticker though. Steve

jbeletti

In December, forum user Thing181 wanted to know (post #1 in this thread) if he could buy these somewhere. Since then, both Deb B and I have been on parallel paths to see if we can have them produced in a quantity and at a price that would make sense.

While it fell off my worklist, I picked it back up last week. Since then, most other commenters want them only if they are free. I get that, but that's not what's been on the table. I can't make a set of 2 for Thing181 but I can have a smaller run of maybe a couple hundred made. Before I got too far with that though, I kind of wanted to know what people would pay for them, so no one was wasting time chasing this down.

Now don't get me wrong, everyone likes free advertising and on its surface, paying to advertise for someone else's product makes no sense. But pride of ownership is the difference. I'm sure we all get that - though we may not all be interested in paying for decals. But bear in mind too, no one stepped up here offering free stuff, so that's never been on the table. I have no budget for this but I'll take a $500 risk to have some made if there's a market for it.

The pricing for the full-color domed decal - the same one with the epoxy coating that is used for the hitch plaques, came back @ $3.55 each in quantities of 250. Much higher than I want to pay. Though really nice product if you've seen the hitch plaques.

I believe the pricing Deb got back for oval bumper sticker-like decals was around $1.59 in quantities of 500. Note that these will last about a year. Honestly, if these would be used outdoors, I'd prefer to see something that is of a higher quality in terms of the inks and the coating. So we'll work on that and see how that comes in. My sense is that it will be in the $2 range. If it's in fact a longer lasting outdoor rated decal, I think $2 each, sold in pairs, shipped for around $5 total may work.

Works for me but does it work for anyone else?

If so, we'll pursue it further.

Jim

GOTTOYS

I really like my Big Country and Heartland has been wonderful to deal with but my personal preference just won't let me pay to advertise a product. JMHO..Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Seems to me the original idea was to promote the Heartland OWNERS Club, not Heartland RV. They just get to come along for the ride (and help support the club to some extent).

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim, aren't we trying to reinvent the wheel here???

The heavy oval sticker that is used on the trailers works fine for a bumper sticker. HL already is buying that sticker by the thousands. Seems to me that would be the cheapest way to go for a heavy duty bumper sticker.

truknutt

Committed Member
In December, forum user Thing181 wanted to know (post #1 in this thread) if he could buy these somewhere. Since then, both Deb B and I have been on parallel paths to see if we can have them produced in a quantity and at a price that would make sense.

While it fell off my worklist, I picked it back up last week. Since then, most other commenters want them only if they are free. I get that, but that's not what's been on the table. I can't make a set of 2 for Thing181 but I can have a smaller run of maybe a couple hundred made. Before I got too far with that though, I kind of wanted to know what people would pay for them, so no one was wasting time chasing this down.

Now don't get me wrong, everyone likes free advertising and on its surface, paying to advertise for someone else's product makes no sense. But pride of ownership is the difference. I'm sure we all get that - though we may not all be interested in paying for decals. But bear in mind too, no one stepped up here offering free stuff, so that's never been on the table. I have no budget for this but I'll take a $500 risk to have some made if there's a market for it.

The pricing for the full-color domed decal - the same one with the epoxy coating that is used for the hitch plaques, came back @ $3.55 each in quantities of 250. Much higher than I want to pay. Though really nice product if you've seen the hitch plaques.

I believe the pricing Deb got back for oval bumper sticker-like decals was around $1.59 in quantities of 500. Note that these will last about a year. Honestly, if these would be used outdoors, I'd prefer to see something that is of a higher quality in terms of the inks and the coating. So we'll work on that and see how that comes in. My sense is that it will be in the $2 range. If it's in fact a longer lasting outdoor rated decal, I think $2 each, sold in pairs, shipped for around $5 total may work.

Works for me but does it work for anyone else?

If so, we'll pursue it further.

Jim

Jim,

Would you like me to get with my guy regarding a rerun of the decals we did for Nashville? They were supposed to last at least 2-3 years (depending on direct UV ray exposure). I already paid for the "design & setup", so it should be just the run cost from here on out.

Dave

Attachments

• Heartland Owner's Club.JPG
    Heartland Owner's Club.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 33

jbeletti

Sure Dave. Shoot me the details via email. Ask your guy about the materials used too. Specifically, the brand and model of vinyl and the brand and type of coating.

With these decals used outdoors mostly, UV exposure will be great. Some used on the back of a vehicle may be exposed to salt, road grime and other deicing agents. So I'm thinking that for what we would pay for the absolute best decals, no one would want to pay that kind of money.

As I researched this stuff a bit more last night, it looks like the less expensive decals are good for about a year and the best decals are good for up to 3 years. Have not found any that guarantee 5 years and beyond.

Thanks Dave.

Jim

jbeletti

Jim, aren't we trying to reinvent the wheel here???

The heavy oval sticker that is used on the trailers works fine for a bumper sticker. HL already is buying that sticker by the thousands. Seems to me that would be the cheapest way to go for a heavy duty bumper sticker.

Larry,

Good point and that's why I thought about using the domed decal like that that is used on the hitch plaque - but not for $3.55. Heartland was not able to get back with me on a cost on their oval domed decals used on most all coaches. And now we use black, not full-color decals for that. Still nice, but not near as nice as 4-color :)

Jim

jcarnevale

As for the "Free Advertising issue" .........try and think of it as a conversation starter. We all love to talk about our rigs (funny thing, that's what we're all doing here LOL)....

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Now we want to get into the "Free Advertising Schtick". If you would go out to the FRONT of your RV and look at that BILLBOARD on the front...NOW THAT'S FREE ADVERTISING!!!!

I remember the time when someone, two or three years ago, there would have been 25 people willing to jump on these things at $10 a piece. Cause it was cool.

Hey, I got an idea...roll up your pennies...get with one of the other members...and go halves!!!:p

Jim, put me down for 10. But only if you get them in shades of grey.:cool:

Last edited:

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
I guess I got carried away regarding a bumper sticker:)

smaller65.jpg

So here is my free adverstisement for Heartland Sundance
JASMAR

PSF513

So, where are we with this? I am ready to buy some but don't know what, wherem, or how much? Seems like I'm clueless (OK Larry, no SA comments from you)

truknutt

Committed Member
So, where are we with this? I am ready to buy some but don't know what, wherem, or how much? Seems like I'm clueless (OK Larry, no SA comments from you)

Begging Jim B's permission, I'll give the short answer. I have obtained a price dependant upon quantity ordered from the vendor. I am awaiting a nice, clear .jpg file from Jim and then the sticker guy can get printing. The size is 3" x 6" oval with UV protecting coating. More to follow.

Dave