Sundance Sway

I have found that our 32' Sundance has quite a bit of sway when we are parked. When in the front bedroom, I can feel movement in the bunkhouse area. Is this normal or is there something I can do to stop the swaying?:confused:

NansSundance

jbeletti

NansSundance,

Are your rear stabilizers down as they should be?

Are you using a good set of wheel chocks (BAL, Rotochoks or others)?

Are you using or considering a 2 or 3 legged kingpin stabilizer?

I'd say it would be near impossible to eliminate 100% of the movement but when parked, chocks on/in, unhitched, leveled, rear stabilizers down and a king pin stabilizer on, you should be set pretty solidly with no real bouncing of the trailer. Vibration from moving around, sure, but nothing serious.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

I have been reading about them on RV.net and seen adds in Trailer Life. It seems the people that have them have nothing but good things to say about them. The people that do not have them are sceptacle or have tried to build their own with less stellar results.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Tripod works for us

Wheel chocks is one place to start. We use the BAL scissors style on both sides. We also have a BAL tripod kingpin stabilizer. I can definitely tell a difference if we do not have the tripod set-up up front. I really like ours. I chose the BAL brand because it is much better built than that $99 thing that Camping World sells. Ours has the extendable legs for those times when the front end is so much higher than normal. All this along with the rear stabilizers really help keep things steady. Of course it is nearly impossible to get rid of all the sway but you can reduce it tremendously with this items.

Good luck

Mark

jpmorgan37

tdharley;
I met a couple in Elkhart last year who had them installed front and rear on his Mobile Suites. He raved about them and how the vertually eliminated any shake in his coach. He also used a bipod front stabilizer. He bought them in Quartzsite and installed them himself and said it wasn't a hard job to do.
John

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I got them off the internet paided 399.00 no shipping and put them on myself. I really like them. It was not to bad of a job.