Rear hitch

ArkSlim

Thinking about putting a reciver hitch on the back of my 3610 to carry a mid-size scooter (about 300#) Any recomendations, comments ect. welcome.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are a few here on the forum, including myself that have added some sort of hitch or rack to the rear. I would weld to the two I-beams. Depending on where your rear stabilizers are located you may have to move them.
Also be aware that adding any type of hitch or rack will void your frame warranty.

Peace
Dave

Willym

Also be aware that 300 lbs on the rear of the trailer will likely result in an additional 500 lb loading on the axles, and a lighter pin weight, which may or may not be good.

KL7j

Thinking about putting a reciver hitch on the back of my 3610 to carry a mid-size scooter (about 300#) Any recomendations, comments ect. welcome.

I had a hitch included on my order from Heartland. It came from factory bolted on. It is not the 2"x2" size however and I recall somewhere near a weight limitation of around 180 lbs which would not suffice for your scooter.

It would be good for Heartland or Lippert to just state what is allowable from the factory (a hitch is not published but is available along with extra 12 volt outlets when I ordered my 2011 BH) and also they need to talk about installations voiding the warranty when installing later. A bike hitch is one thing, towing or a heavy hitch load dynamics which others mentioned is another.

Lippert engineering and cad analysis knows what these hitch vectors are doing on the frame and springs, wish they would talk about it