Why are the 2008 already being built?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
What is the significance of producing 2008 models soooo early in 2007?

Is this standard procedure in the RV industry?

happyrover

Year change

Mark, my understanding is that they have a big RV show in Louisville, KY each year in Nov. and that is when they show the new year models and change the year. Go figure. Mel:cool:

lbuchan

Last February after seeing a Bighorn at the Tampa RV Supershow, I ordered a 2925RK Bighorn through a dealer in North Carolina that was built at the factory with the options I wanted. Took delivery of the unit at the end of March last year. Mine is an '06 model but even then didn't have some of the "standards" that we'd seen in Tampa, the factory was no longer supplying them. Here it is less than a year later and per the factory only '08 models are being produced.... a two year model jump in less that a year. "Go figure" is a good quote. Wonder if the '09's will hit the market before the end of the calendar year? :confused:

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
All of this model year change doesn't really effect us much when we are buying, maybe standard and options change. RV companies can and do change things as they see fit any time during the model year. Were it gets us is when or if we trade in our units. A 2 year jump from the time you order till you get it use it a short while, then decide to upgrade or go larger.... THEN you get hit ! Your 5ver is another year older than you thought,(Have I had this trailer this long ?). It shows up in the Blue Book when you trade. IMHO

happyrover

Well, if the 2008 year came on line in Nov 2006, guess when the 2008 will hit the line? Could it be this Nov.?:confused: It doesn't have to make sense, that's just the way it is ! As BlusgrassMan says "It only counts when you trade it in", no discount there.:eek:

J

Jim_1899

I think it is a marketing plan to get buyers to purchase Heartland. They can purchase a 2008 and it will be new for two years and feel like they got something extra. I sure don't want to skip a year with my birthday and be a year older, like my Bighorn.