Always Wanted To Go....

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
As John is a big history buff, I think Christmas Day will be best spent here. We have always wanted to go but never have for one reason or another. We'll get up and head to Washington's Crossing State Park, witness the reenactment of Washington Crossing the Delaware, head home soon after, open presents with TJ & Megan then Surf and Turf candlelight dinner. This should be wonderful Christmas Day!

dieselsweetheart

Sounds good! Don't fall in! Hopefully it won't be a bitter cold day so you won't be too uncomfortable...enjoy! I'll be slaving away in the kitchen!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Man we had a great day at Washington's Crossing State Park in PA. I really didn't care for the bridge and it's a good thing we didn't take Bertha! If you like history this is a must see reenactment!

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 37

porthole

Retired
Man we had a great day at Washington's Crossing State Park in PA. I really didn't care for the bridge and it's a good thing we didn't take Bertha! If you like history this is a must see reenactment!

Whats wrong with that bridge - and the other 4 like it??? :cool:

Did you head up the road a bit to GW's headquarters?

dieselsweetheart

Well aren't you glad it wasn't 24 hours later??? Wow, this looks really cool... do they only do it on Christmas Day? Maybe on Christmas when our kids have forgotten all about us we'll try it out!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cheryl, they have been known to do the crossing on the 4th of July as well. I guess you would have to watch for their schedule. The Park is totally supported by donations now. No state funds at all. All the monies are raised through the Friends of Washington's Crossing Foundation.

Duane, we were so cold so we came right home. We have both been to many of the historic sites before. As school bus drivers we took kids to a lot of them on field trips. There's not too many we haven't seen. Besides, we had to get home to make Christmas dinner for the kids!