Do Slides have Locks that need to be released

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
I thought I read somewhere in one of the 5vers or TT we looked at, that a little sticker in the coach that stated "Unlock the slide before extending out".

Does a Sundance slides have a manual locking somewhere in the trailer that I must unlock before extending?

Tom

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I'm not an expert on the stuff exterior on the rigs, but I've never heard of a slide lock needing to be unlocked to open the slide. Is it something specific to Sundance or something added since we bought our BH?

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Mark, sorry, I was not clear on my message I was wondering if Heartland Products have Traveling Locks on their electric slides? The sign I read was not on a Heartland, it must have been on one of the 5vers or TT that I looked at before buying the 2011 Sundance. We have our walk thru tomorrow and take the deliver of our 2011 Sundance 2800RL, but just sitting here going over questions I had and this one made me think.

OOPS I figured it out right after I made this post: Wow Kinda simple, Just search Traveling Slide Locks and found this link: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-locks/slide-lock.htm. It appears all it is an expandable Twist Rod to keep the Slide tight, I thought it was something part of the slide mechanism.
slide-lock.jpg

No the Sundance 2800RL does not come with this type of Lock. Maybe someone else will have this question and this helps
Tom

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Its Kristy here.. Mark would probably know the answer for sure. I know that our BH does not have a lock of any kind on the slides. Once we pull them in, that's it until we get where we are going and push them back out.

Have fun with your new Sundance. Learning about it is half the fun and this is a good place to do it. I know this site has saved us a lot of time and money by telling us what was wrong and how to fix it. Or they told us what we DID wrong and how to fix it. :eek:)

If you haven't yet, you might want to check in to the CA chapter of the owners club for the region you live in. Rallies are being planned are a fun way to meet new people, make friends, and learn more.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Oops. I just noticed that you are from Sacramento. You are in the Central Cal region of CA. TessaM is the leader for that area and I know she has at least one rally planned for next year. I think it might be two...

Kristy

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Thanks Kristy and Mark

Tom and Lorraine, 14 hours before we can open our Xmas gift, a new Sundance.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Thanks Kristy and Mark

Tom and Lorraine, 14 hours before we can open our Xmas gift, a new Sundance.

14 hrs...... NOPE, ya gotta wait 4 more days and a wake up.

On the slide locks. Many manufacturers put travel bars on the slides in their coaches. Some put them on the sides, some put them on the top. I can't remember if Heartland does. Most dealers, one of the first things they do when they inspect a coaches interior upon delivery is remove them and run the slides out. They often put them under the master bed if there's a storage compartment under it.

Best advice I can tell you is to check first before running the slides out the first time. If they are there and you run the slide out it makes a really bad noise as you put the rod through the side of the trailer.