In Myrtle Beach - Ocean View

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Beuatiful here at Ocean Lakes Campground. Sunny and warming up quite nicely. Great view of the ocean. Here with one other Heartland Owner and 3 more rigs due in today. Nice "unofficial Heartland Campout"!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ok Gus - rub it in!!! E TN is still in the 30's and I'm wishing I was down there with ya'll.

Vtxkid

Gus,
Wish we could have come but we couldn't get the RV out of the backyard right now if we tried. Glad to see you made it safely and noticed that the temps are starting to get warmer. Suppose to be 41 degrees here today and a little warmer in the up coming days. So I'm thinking you should have some awesome weather down there now... Be safe!

Last edited:

camperjohn08

Yes Gus & Debra.. Enjoy the Sun and warm weather..And the beach too.. Just got done pushing the snow off the top of the trailer.. What fun.. Still Too much snow in the yard to break out the lawn chairs..Ha Ha.. Say Hello to Don & Cindy and Eric & Dorothy for me..
Take Care
John & Nancy
OH...By the Way.. "Happy New Year"

dieselsweetheart

Hey you could run over to my son's apt and make sure my Volvo is ok in the parking lot. The license plate is LOVE2RV. Can't miss it!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Must be nice Gus. Just rub it in. I couldn't get my rig out of the back yard even if I had the time to join you. Too much snow still on the ground here.

Enjoy your time in the sun. Soon or later you have to come back to reality.:D:D

boatto5er

Had a terrific finger food pot luck dinner last night. The campground let us use one of their meeting rooms with New Year's Decorations in it. Followed up with fireworks on the beach and a campfire. Staying here until Tuesday so we can celebrate Don m\Massengill's birthday on Monday. Should be close to 70 degrees today!

camperjohn08

Ok keep rubbing it in.. 70 degrees huh.. we here still got snow.. and rain coming tonight and tomorrow.. On a brighter side though.. It looks like "YOUR" week turned out the way it should of..Pretty lonely around here without our heartland friends ...But Nancy and I are Glad that you all are having such a grand time..
So far they are only talking rain up and down the coast.. So I guess you will be bringing your rig back with you..
Give a Big Happy Birthday wish to Don for us..
Take care..
John & Nancy

Hoosier Wolverine

Just curious, while sitting here in the frozen north. I just looked at the website for Ocean Lakes, it's huge. Do you folks have a preference for which section you stay in? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the sections you've stayed in? We are a retired couple and have no interest in the family features such as the pool and playgrounds.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Just curious, while sitting here in the frozen north. I just looked at the website for Ocean Lakes, it's huge. Do you folks have a preference for which section you stay in? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the sections you've stayed in? We are a retired couple and have no interest in the family features such as the pool and playgrounds.

Ocean Lakes is huge! If you are fond of your awning don't stay in the sites right off the beach. One or two sections in off the beach do not seem as windy and have some trees. We have stayed all over in the campground for the last 12 years and the only places that we really didn't like was right by the pool and all the way down by the High Rise Condo's. It's ok there if you plan to frequent the beach bar and/or play volleyball! Other than those two areas it really doesn't matter.

If it's peace and quiet you want park your rig at Willow Tree Resort. It is just north of Myrtle Beach and inland a bit. Willow Tree is on my "must do again" list!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have been camping at Ocean Lakes for around 25 years and have always stayed in the 4000 section.It is quieter back there and not as much traffic. The sites are larger also.There are trees and some sites have plenty of shade.Some sites have plenty of sunshine.We love OL and camp there as often as we can.

boatto5er

Drove through Willow Tree Resort today. Saw a Big Horn (with Member Plaque) and a Big Country (No Plaque), nobody home at either. Sent an email to the Big Horn owner later.

Leaving here tomorrow morning unfortunately. It's been a great week.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
dbylinski and trdeal, thanks for the response. We're looking for cg's for an early spring trip and Myrtle Beach looks promising.
There are a number of cgs in the area but as I said we have always stayed at Ol. Willow Tree is a very nice cg if you don't mind driving to the beach.We like OL because you can walk or golf car to the beach.Bring your own golf car or you can rent one there.

camperjohn08

Drove through Willow Tree Resort today.
Leaving here tomorrow morning unfortunately. It's been a great week.

Johnny Turner and others may be going to that Resort in March.. How did Willow tree resort look to you Gus?? Compared to Ocean Lakes Campground.. I googled it, but theres nothing lik the close and personnal touch, for good info..
John & Nancy

PSF513

Having stayed twice last year at Willow Tree and looking at the CGs along the water, Willow Tree is my spot. Quiet, large sites (some over 100' long and you won't hear your neighbor flush), pleanty of amenities on site (lake, pool, hot tub, horseshoes, etc), and only about 10 - 15 minutes from the beach if that is your destination. I would highly recommend it.

Vtxkid

I have a buddy at work that swears by Willow Tree. We both looked it up on line and it seemed real nice so he went and stayed there and thought it was great! He had also stayed at OL several times before. Again, its in what your wanting to do as which CG would be the better one...