21FBS Delivery 1/15/11 Need Good Questions for delivery.

We are expecting our delivery in a couple weeks of our first TT.
Never owned one, complete newbies.

Need good questions that I would not think of for the delivery guys.
Set-up, operation, possible problems, access to certain things.

Please help, it will be cold here in Missouri, so, cant really fill with water to test things.

Thank You

Brett and Carmen

jimtoo

Hi Brett and Carmen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There are a number of things to look for and check. This is a link to the wiki PDI area. I would suggest you look them over, pick one out and print it and take it with you. They can hook up to water and test everything, they would just need to winterize it again. This would also be a good learning experience for you. Don't let them rush you through the delivery process and get things fixed before you leave if at all possible. Make sure you know how to operate everything, not just them turning it on and off and saying "See it it works".

Have a great day doing your PDI and if possible,,, spend the night in it at the dealership or close by.

Enjoy the forum and again welcome to the Heartland Family.

Jim M

irvin56

If you have a video camera, take it and film everything your not sure of. How things operate, what to turn on/off. anything you see that needs fixing, check all doors for opening,closing etc.

find out where the little metal flex rod that's in package you get goes to manually open and close slide if power goes in batteries. They (dealers) don't show you and then you wonder how later.
I had to find this out by Medic and Jim b. on this forum. dealer did not have a clue back then.

also when you get back home and don't use unit for a while. Unhook battery or leave unit plugged in. otherwise you will drain battery and no power for anything.

Thank You Jim, but getting delivery from out of state to a apartment, cant find any good options for water, that is the part that worries me.
Irvin, good idea on the Video Camera, already had plans to do that one too. Nice thing is, my brother is taking his delivery on the 8th then mine on the 15th, so kinda get a double dose of info. Getting delivery from RVW, from what ive read in forums, they seem to do a good job.

Any other comments or suggestions are great, keep em' comming.

Brett and Carmen

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Alot of times an apartment building has a water spicket near an A/C outside unit. At least ours does. Might want to check to see if your does.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Who is delivering it, the dealer or an RV transporter like myself.

If it's a for hire RV transporter like me, there's a pretty good chance, unless he or she owns an RV, they won't know nothing about the operation of the RV and is not responsible for anything but to get it there safely and without damage, we don't operate anything on the inside of the units and are not supposed to go in the units. We inspect them (exterior only if the unit is sealed or we don't have keys) and hook up, drive, deliver, wait for the owner/dealer to inspect them and get paperwork signed.

If it's the dealers driver, he/she might know something unless all they are is the wash boy/girl.

GOTTOYS

Can't see if it really matters to check the operation of most systems when it is delivered. The delivery people can't do anything about it if it leaks or something doesn't work. There job is done when they hand you the paperwork. If there is a problem call the dealership you bought it from and see how they can help you handle it. If they did a good PDI before they shipped it there shouldn't be anything....Good luck...Don

The functional stuff is just so we know how to do it properly, calling the dealer tomorrow to find out who is delivering.

Michael - Kelly, how do you get the little map on your posts? Kind of a neat little tool.

Thank you again to everyone for the information.