This is what an Elk Ridge looks like with 20" of snow!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just got back from our trip to Durango, CO. We got 20" of snow and temps dipped to 20 below zero. We had a great time, even with some freshwater tank freezing issues.

TT

Attachments

• DurangoTrip-Dec30_small.jpg
    DurangoTrip-Dec30_small.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 321

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That brings back memories for sure. Northern Wisconsin in January. Snowmobile trips. Camper was winterized. We were running the furnace and portable heaters. We had several water containers, and routed the sink drain outside the rig. Kept a 30 cup coffee pot full of hot water. The sink drain was adapted to a garden hose into a bucket for brushing teeth and Marine showers. Only#1 in the toilet and used windshield washer solvent to rinse/flush. We had fun. Did I mention I was a lot younger?? LOL

HappyKayakers

Ahh, reminds me of my first winter fulltiming in Amarillo. It was their worst winter in about 15 years for snow, ice, and temps. Learned a lot that season about cold weather camping. The most important lesson was - Don't ever do it again!

SMDAT

Hey Tigers!

Just wondering how your Elk Ridge is holding up? We have the exact same year and model. We love the layout, but have had issues since day one (will be two years this summer). Wondering if we got the lemon or if we just need to suck it up and learn how to deal with things : ) We just started full timing in it 2 weeks ago.

You two definitely put yours to the test in the snow!