Maintaining RV Finish

floridarandy

Re: Maintaining rv finish Heartland factory opinion please

I just got my Rejex from here. Best price I could find! Three different sizes to choose from and FAST shipping. As you can tell the aviation folks love this stuff and check out the reviews on the site and you'll find RV'ers.

FYI, Rejex can be applied over a previous wax finish but won't last as long since the underlying wax will breakdown sooner than the Rejex. Best if applied to an otherwise clean finish so if you're lucky enough to have a brand new rig all you need is Rejex. If you're got an older finish all you need is a light compounding polish to remove the oxidation then Rejex.

After just finishing a grueling hand wax I'm debating what to do. My just Rejex over the wax on the cap until next year. I'm also going to get a dual action machine polisher, probably this one from Meguiar's. I won't hand wax the Heartland beast again! Don't mind doing my cars/truck but the 5ver is just too big. I'll do it more often if I don't get killed.

After renting 10' rolling scaffolding to do the wax job I've discovered all you need is your pickup. If I pull up to the cap like I was hooking up I can stand in the bed...or use a small step stool and get the entire cap. Pull alongside and you can do the same thing to the high up parts of the sides!

Happy shining...

GOTTOYS

I did my truck, my car and did my motorcycle several times with one 16 oz. bottle. I would guess a bottle and a half might be enough. Use it pretty sparingly, it goes along ways. Your results may vary...Don

ParkIt

I kept looking for this topic...wasn't smart enough to expand all the forums :p

The Rejex seems to be the same type product called Zaino at about the same cost. I've been using Zaino for 17 years on every vehicle & the MH and they kept coming out with more products for a full line. All my vehicles still look new including the plastic light covers. The only product I've not used is the ZC-S Clear Seal but I'll be ordering that and try it out on the back of the 5er to see how it holds up.

Really nice thing about Zaino is you don't have to worry about temperature outside when working with it, from 40º-90º I've never had a problem curing and it just wipes off, no buffing or heavy elbow grease required. I *know* I'm going to be using the Z6 as I always do between annual applications, that stuff repels dust and makes getting bugs off far easier than anything I've seen used.

Of course I'll have to do a side by side comparison so I might try 303 - the longevity will be interesting to see which holds up longer.

One reason for keeping your unit clean and 'detailed' are aerodynamics, the slicker the surface the easier it is on the gas mileage. Hauling a brick in a headwind is what we really do face so might as well try to get the best of it ;)

BC1of38

I just finished doing my 3450ts with Rejex. All I can say is, what a fantastic product!

I finally found a Canadian Source for it too.

went on easy, hazed over, came off easy.

Anyone on the fence, DO IT!

rustyshakelford

I just finished doing my 3450ts with Rejex. All I can say is, what a fantastic product!

How much of the product did it take to do your coach?

Brett

BC1of38

How much of the product did it take to do your coach?

Brett

I used one full 12 oz bottle (only size supplier had) and maybe a quarter of the other 12 oz bottle I ordered.

A little goes a very long way

dvanden75

What is everyone using to wash it before applying Rejex?

traveler44

Randy! That polisher seems a little expensive for me. It said $79,228,162,514,264,337etc. I think somebody made a mistake or got hacked. Tom M.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Randy! That polisher seems a little expensive for me. It said $79,228,162,514,264,337etc. I think somebody made a mistake or got hacked. Tom M.

That's the price if bought on a government contract. Reading the instructions for the stuff, how do you let it cure out of the sunlight for 12 hours? Do it at night or in a pole barn? Sounds a little iffy for those of us that would have do it at a dirt campsite where the wind might blow.

GOTTOYS

What is everyone using to wash it before applying Rejex?
They want all the old wax removed before you apply the Rejex. A wash with a bit of mild dish soap will take care of that...Don

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

A 12oz bottle should be under $20.00

Moose

Did you ever find a supplier in Canada? I tried a listed distributor in Winnepeg, with zero response...

Thanks!

That's exactly the same response I never got. LoL Never heard from them.

Moose

Care to share the Canadian source please?

BC1of38

C. Glenn Rogers

Ricochet Protective Films Inc.
Unit A, 6810 6 Street S.E.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T2H 2K4

Phones 1-403-724-9282 MST
1-800-800-5488 CDN & USA

Birchwood

All I can say is just keep it clean and don't let it stay dirty for long periods.Keep the black streaks in check
as they can become permanent over time.Hand wax your rV at least once a year.Its a lot of work and you
almost have to be fanatical about cleanliness.My opinon is that car wax and RV wax are the same and brands varies slightly in quality but cost may not reflect their overall performance.

ParkIt

That's the price if bought on a government contract. Reading the instructions for the stuff, how do you let it cure out of the sunlight for 12 hours? Do it at night or in a pole barn? Sounds a little iffy for those of us that would have do it at a dirt campsite where the wind might blow.

This is why I like Zaino, no need to move it to cure and if its too cold you can add cure additive (they supply) which works great when its less than 50º outside. If you are at a dusty site, finish a section at a time then use the Z6 which will repel the dust until you get to the next section.
Still don't have pictures of the back cap I did this weekend with what I do have - pulled a back muscle and have been unable to do much more than lay in the sun with a cold drink... ;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

This is why I like Zaino, no need to move it to cure and if its too cold you can add cure additive (they supply) which works great when its less than 50º outside. If you are at a dusty site, finish a section at a time then use the Z6 which will repel the dust until you get to the next section.
Still don't have pictures of the back cap I did this weekend with what I do have - pulled a back muscle and have been unable to do much more than lay in the sun with a cold drink... ;)

Doing 12 oz. curls counts as exercise in my book :D

ParkIt

Doing 12 oz. curls counts as exercise in my book :D
It does except when I spent 5 hours pressure washing the wrap around patio & driveway, washed all vehicles (6 not including the HL and 3 are almost ready for sale), dug out stubborn weeds in 7 beds, planted 7 beds, washed all the patio furniture & set it all up, potted 16 plants in containers, set up the fountain, cleaned the metal 6 pitched roof, cleaned the house from top to bottom...an acre of land and a shy 3,000 sq ft house for one person in 2 days. And everyone wonders why I want to live full time in the HL? *has a look on face like you showed a dog a card trick*

Hammock, BBQ, 20 minutes to clean the inside & laundry, 10 minutes to water a few potted plants outside and 12oz curls is the ticket to keep from tearing the same back muscle ;)

Yellowreef

In case anyone still wants to find a local source, True Value hardware stores carry Rejex.

Jharris

I just ordered some Rejex from the supplier in Calgary, AB. thanks for the contact info. I also came across a site advertising Roadmaster Voom Gold. Anyone ever try this stuff. Just curious as it is quite a bit less money than the Rejex.