Spending Someone's Inheritance

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Whose I have no idea, but today I've ordered a 56 gallon Transfer-Flo replacement tank for the truck (via an installer), and then the 5th Airborne pin box. Next item on the agenda will be the Reico-Titan Ground Control system.

JohnDar

We're waiting for our inheritance. . . . .

. . . . . . inheritance, where are you?

Uh, no, I didn't inherit anything. We're spending some of our own loot (a little IRA withdrawal) before someone else can inherit it.

Although my Freestar tires are looking pretty good (low miles, actually), I'll set some aside for their eventual replacement with GY614's. Springs are doing good, so no need to run out and buy a new suspension system yet. Maybe another Fantastic Fan in the bedroom might be on the agenda, who knows.

I can't think of any other "big ticket" upgrades I'll need to do in the near term. I'm open to suggestions, though, so long as they don't involve mailing a check to someone named "Mr. Cash," living in Nigeria.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Uh, no, I didn't inherit anything. We're spending our own loot before someone else can inherit it.

Well if you really want to get rid of your loot that bad gimme a call. I'll be more than happy to help you out.:angel:

Enjoy your toys.

JohnDar

Just for info, I was looking at the 50-gallon in-bed tank along with this midship one. Local installed price was pretty much the same. But, Transfer-Flo is located in California (Chico, I think), and they show an installation deal on their website, at their facility. But, if your DH is the mechanical type, he might be able to DIY the install.

There are some less expensive in-bed options out there, as well. Then there's always the poor man's auxiliary tank: a few 5-gallon jerry cans strapped down in the bed of the truck. I thought about that, too.

back2nature

Yeah he's a DIYer. He says he doesn't want the Transfer-Flo because it's a bit on the heavy side. He likes the Titan. He's already installed one on a friend's truck.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There are some less expensive in-bed options out there, as well. Then there's always the poor man's auxiliary tank: a few 5-gallon jerry cans strapped down in the bed of the truck. I thought about that, too.
I installed two of those this fall before heading out for the winter. They weren't needed but it was nice knowing they were there. Bright yellow too!