------------------------------
  • Canyon RV Park
  • 24001 Santa Ana Canyon Rd.
  • Anaheim, CA 92808
  • Suzi 1-714-637-0210
  • www.canyonrvpark.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $1.00 per pet
  • WiFi available: yes...only in the office.
  • WiFi Fee: $0
Details:

• From: 4/8/2011 to: 4/9/2011...check out on Sunday the 10th. If anyone wants to come early and stay later...contact the CG. I'm sure they will not care.
  • Number of sites held: 10+
  • Site fee: $35.00 for 10 or more...less than 10 $45.00 per night
  • The site #'s are 107-109-111-112-113-114-118-122-125.
  • Patty and I will be in site #124.
  • Seniors..$40.50 under 10
  • Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
  • Potluck: Yes
  • The club will furnish the meat.
  • Potluck date: 4/9/2011
  • Potluck time: 5 PM
  • Meet and greet 1 PM on Saturday...Club will furnish some goodies.. beer you say..it's BYOB.
  • This CG does not have cable....so bring your dish or lots of movies
Bob and Patty site # 124
Dena and Roy site # 125
Giant RV Demo # 112
Marty and Theresa site # 122
Don Stewart site# 118 (SOB)
Giant RV Demo site # 111
Carl and Sylvaine # 114 (SOB)
Tom and Marla site # 113
Floyd and Carol site #
Giant RV site #107

• Event Leader: Bob&Patty(click to contact)
Additional Info:
3RD ANNUAL SOCAL SPRING RALLY
APRIL 8th and 9th

To all the new and OLD Socal club members. This is our 3rd spring rally. It will be held at Canyon RV Park in Anaheim where our 1st "ever" rally was held.

We will have a pot luck on Saturday afternoon...the 9th.

I will be posting more information in the coming weeks..........SO stay tuned.

To reserve your site...please contact Canyon RV Park directly. Please do not send your money to me. Pay the CG when you reserve your site. After you reserve your site please post on this thread what nites and the site #.

Patty and I will provide BBQ Ribs and Chicken for the Potluck. We will also provide the drinks, plates, silverware (plastic), napkins, soda's ETC.

As for the side dishes...we need salads, bean or potato dishs and desserts.

Since the CG has fire rings...if anyone has old wood laying around, please bring it. We will get some store bought stuff also.

As of today we have a special treat for everybody coming to the rally. Dan Johnson, the GM of the Giant RV store in Montclair is bring 4 new Heartland coaches to the rally. Dan will be there in person and wants to help us with the "meet and greet". He is also bringing some door prizes. SO....I think we should hold a raffle at the same time. I would like everyone attending the rally to bring a unwrapped gift worth $15.00. It can be RV related or maybe just something someone could use. Games are always good or games that can be played in the grass. As stated before, Patty and I will be providing snacks and drinks for the "meet and greet".

Well the weatherman is saying that we might get some rain. Well don't let that deter you. The 1st ever Socal rally was at Canyon RV park and it rained. With our 2 "easy ups" we had a ball. Pat and I are planning to provide a breakfast on Saturday morning for everyone. I was told that I am in charge of the scrambled egg's. Patty is making sausage roll's with gravy. If we can figure out how the make enough toast and keep it warm, we will do it. We are bringing plenty of jelly, butter and OJ. An extra toaster might help if anyone has one. We will discuss the time with everyone on Friday.

Dan Johnson from Giant RV is bring some eats and some libation's for the "meet and greet" on Saturday.

Well the Spring Socal Rally has come and gone. I want to thank all the people than came to share this fun time with us.

We had 5 Club members and 2 SOB's. We had 2 members cancel at the last moment and hope that all is well with them. I hope they can join us in the fall for that rally. We also had Dan Johnson from Giant RV bring 4 new HL coaches for us and anyone in the CG to view. Dan and his salesmen had plenty of lookers in the 2 days they were there.

The weather was a little iffy on Friday with rain and hail in the evening. Saturday was cool and windy. The "meet and greet" on Saturday was fun, lots of food and Dan had a raffle for all the rally members. Lots of great prizes were handed out. The pot luck was great. More food that anyone could eat. Even the salesmen from Giant could not eat it all. Ever seen car salesmen eat?? I have and they will eat the table cloth if you put BBQ sauce on it. LOL

Sunday morning Patty made breakfast for everyone. Sausage rolls with gravy, biscuits with butter and jelly, scrambled eggs (2 dozen), orange juice and coffee. Now if anyone was still hungry after that..that's there fault. HL owners can sure eat. After the feeding fenzy was over we had the raffle. Everybody brought nice prizes to raffle off. All in all, we all had a wonderful time. Now if I can find where Patty hid the camera...I will post some pix.

Bob and Patty

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
So can we assume it is Fri. 4/8 & Sat. 4/9, leaving on 4/10? It says 4/8 to 4/9. Thanks

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Trace, you hit the nail on the head. I think check out time is 12 noon. You can come earlier in week and stay longer if you wish. Just make the arrangements with the CG.

back2nature

We would love to join in on this rally, but we are already committed to something else on 4/9. Sorry guys. Thanks for the invite. :-(

Bob&Patty

Larry and Jodi, no you really do not have to be a member to come to the rally. You could join now or at the rally, it's up to you. The HL Owners Club has some perks and if you join before the rally you will have your name badges. JB sends sends them with your plaque and the other stuff in the Owners package just so you don't forget who you are. Some of us are OLD.

Bob&Patty

Laurie, I think you mentioned that before......so...we will meet up at some point soon. We do normally have a fall rally also.

Bob&Patty

Laurie, no...we can't make the Goshen rally. We have be go to ND in July for Pats moms 90th BDAY. We will going to the 2012 rally at Gillette Wy.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob & Patty,
We will be in space 119. We've been campers/RVer's for years, but we are Heartland newbee's.
Trace & Teri

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Hey Marty, happy that you and "T" are coming. Bringing uncle Don... HUH?? That will make for an interesting weekend. BTW, took Callie to the vet for a check up.....SHE IS 52#'s. Make sure you bring Kayla.

Trace and Teri, glad you can join us. Did you join the club yet??

tenglish

We just signed up for the event. Asked for site #113 but don't have confirmation yet. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Have 2011 Bighorn 3610, 2011 F350 6.7 PSD, 4x4, SRW CC Lariat for power.
Tom & Marla

Bob&Patty

Welcome Tom and Marla, great that you can join us. Did you sign up on line or did you call the CG?? If you called the CG...they should have confirmed the site at that time. Send me a PM with your last name and I will make it happen. Bob

sandman

:cool:Hey BOB, Do we need to post what side dishes we are going to bring are just wing it. Looking forward to meeting all the new members.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.