Frame Type at rear

Bob Vaughn

I am going to purchase a receiver hitch for the back of the 3250TS and need to know whether the frame is a I beam, Box beam or C channel beam at the back ??:confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep in mind you will void the warranty of the frame by adding the receiver hitch

caissiel

I installed a bike rack on the rear of mine and its all bolt-on unit I build. But I have the bumper that I did attached it. It never affected the warranty because I never did weld and it is fully removable. Anyway my warranty is over now.

Attachments

• Hitch%20Detail%20View.jpg
    Hitch%20Detail%20View.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Bikes%20on%20Rack.jpg
    Bikes%20on%20Rack.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 208

Bob Vaughn

Keep in mind you will void the warranty of the frame by adding the receiver hitch
This was a FACTORY show...all units fresh from the factory and I saw at least a half a dozen TT/5th wheels that had these receivers bolted across the frame....If bolting into the frame voids the warranty then how do they come from the factory with stablizer jacks bolted to the frame???

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is my understanding the factory installed receivers do not affect the frame warranty but the user installed ones do. I don't understand the logic in that either. If you have any concerns I would contact Lippert who is the frame manufacturer.

lwmcguir

If you read the fine print on the Lippert warranty, you will find if you drill one hole or any similar modification, such as a GN adapter you have zero warranty.

caissiel

Hmmmm I never had warranty on my trailer because I added additional fasteners to hold the under belly cover that was falling off, and water was coming in while traveling. .

caissiel

Look at how many screws are on the top part of the frame, as an engineer I can tell you that having more holes on the bottom part will surely not weaken the frame.
Metal is mush stronger on compression then on tension. Most beam will fail on tension or torsion so holes closer to the web is best but look where to factory put them.