countertops mark easily

albertr

We have used our 5th wheel for a total of about 4 weeks. the countertops scratch very easily and have lots of marks. Anybody else have this problem? ......Al

lwmcguir

They are a bit soft but you can polish them and get rid of the scratches. We have tried to be extra careful of heavy objects.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You could try going to the Hanex website and downloading information on how to care for your countertops... This excerpt comes from there.

Removing Persistent Stains

• To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns or scratches: Scrub the stained area with a mild abrasive cleanser using green Scotch Brite™ pad.
  • Deep scratches can be eliminated by carefully sanding down the damaged area with a 120 grit sandpaper, followed by a 220 grit, finishing with a 320 grit sandpaper. Finish by lightly rubbing the surface with a wet, green Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note: different methods can be used depending on the finish.
  • For deep scratches and/or other damages which may require an expert repair, please contact your Authorized Hanex® Repair Agent or Certified Hanex® Fabricator.

bdb2047

I agree scratches eaisly.I have been using an orbital polisher/sander with a foam compouding pad and McGuires medium or fine cut cleaner following with ultimate compond.Works good on fine scratches.

Jim-n-Leslie

Yes, they do mark. My wife is not pleased about the way our Corian countertops scratch. We do have to be very careful.
Jim