Lift Top Coffee Table

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
Now to change the couch!

Well I have ordered the table and now I need to go shopping for a different couch. The couch we have is too short from front to back - too hard for me to slouch (I am 6' 2"). I understand that they had to keep it short so it would not hit the slideout when it was placed at the rear. I plan on keeping mine where its at and I don't need the bed function. I noticed that standard love seats are about 5 ft long, and standard couch is 7 ft long with our RV couch at 6 ft long, in the middle.

Does anybody know where I can get a simple, very comfortable couch, 6 ft long and standard from front to back. No hide-a-bed or extra stuff, just very comfortable. :confused:

phranc

If your couch is in the dinette slide , maybe a loveseat would give you a little more dining table room... ??

jpmorgan37

Bob;
We bought a double recliner loveseat and put it in our doorside slide. It is super comfortable and we were able to move the dining table back some to give us more room. Sue also has her favorite dropleaf table next to the love seat. No hide-a-bed, but our coach only sleeps two, feeds four and entertains eight. At least, that's what we tell the kids.
John

Attachments

• P2120024.JPG
    P2120024.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 49

gawelsh

Lift Top Table from Brookstone

To MidasTouch, who questioned the finish on the Brookstone table pictured previously on this thread : we got the table and have it almost assembled. I got the Honey Oak finish. It is NOT an oak grain wood, thank goodness, because that wouldn't have worked with my maple cabinets. It almost looks like a maple grain and the color is PERFECT for the Landmark. I could not be more pleased.

Having said that, let me tell you it is a BEAR to assemble...George is very good at that stuff, so weren't expecting any problems - HA ! THey only provide a diagram (no descriptive text)that is poorly reproduced , so you can't tell one screw or piece of hardware from another. We managed to split the wood at each end because of this - it will be repairable with wood glue, but we were NOT happy yesterday. It was one of those "tests of our marriage" events.:eek: Anway, we're down to the home stretch for assembly and it will be a perfect addition to the RV. But you really have to be good at assembling these types of things to tackle it. We did send feedback to Brookstone, which is a very reputable company, so maybe they'll get the manufacturer to make some improvements in the
instructions.