Duck Hunting Arkansas 1/2 mile from Claypool Res "Hey Somebody Has Too"

bozo

Im leaving in the morning for Greenfield Lodge in Arkansas 1/2 mile from Claypool Res on a duck hunting trip. This is the second trip in the last two weeks. Some people on the forum want have a clue of what Im talking about but this is Duck Hunting Heaven!!!!! I didn't know if we have more duck hunters on the forum or not if so let me here from you. Our company has a lease and I have to go pick up the Ranger hey fellers somebody has to.lol
I can't start to tell you what it feels like to see what looks like 200,000 geese come up off a field at one time and you can't even hear yourself speek its so loud. It confirms to me there is a GOD!!!!!!!I'll be thinking of you while you are at work lol :rolleyes::)

Buford445

Man I'm Jealous. I got into Duck and Goose Hunting several yrs ago and Loved it but had to start traveling for work and haven't been able to hunt for a few yrs. Wish I was going with you

MC9

If you like duck and geese hunting try this: Sandhill crane hunting in the Texas panhandle. Just got back, it was a blast!

bozo

MC9 I just got back last night its slowing down a little but we also had a blast. Spent 2 days morning and afternoons in the blind I know you know how it feels when a group of 50 Teal come by at about 200 miles per hour Man what a thrill. Duck hunting ended at our lease today we are located at Greenfield Hunting Resort in Arkansas we can see ducks lifting off Claypool Res from our blind. When does Floridas season end. Happy Hunting!!

I have been hunting waterfowl for 50 years. Last year when we wintered here in Rockport, Texas I worked a trade with the guy who owns the local hunting/fishing store. I went hunting with him six times in January in the airboat out in the salt water flats. The season ended here on January 23. Lots different than anything I have done before. Many different species here, but no mallards. That is why he wanted to trade. Next year he will hunt mallards with me in the cornfields east of Fort Collins, Colorado. If you have never hunted mallards in the corn, you should give it a try.....Gary

RickMN

I have been hunting Minnesota, and the Dakotas all my life. I live for the Waterfowl season. 60 days of Heaven. I have always wanted to hunt Stutgart or Louisiana. Maybe if I retire this year it will happen.

bozo

Gary, I will be giving that a try next season. We are in flooded rice but they are putting in a field of corn for next year. Its funny but all the guys out in Arkansas give the guys at the lodge a hard time when they plant corn. They come by and ask what kind of weeds they are growing. lol We did not have as many mallards this year ether but some of the other guys around us were seeing some. I think sometimes an old mallard just as soon pitch down in a old jeep track as a flooded field. Hear in Georgia we dont see many ducks of anykind and hardly any snow or specs but a lot of canadians. Its funny when the guys in Arkansas see a group of Canadians go over they stand in awe. Well when you are in the corn next year melting the barrel of that 12 ga get one for me.... BOZO

bozo

RickMN, Stutgart is a great place its an hour south of us at Harrisburg Man I tell you it is duck heaven. Is it November yet!!!!