Looking to buy a Cyclone/Road Warrior

randot

My wife and I started looking for an RV about a year ago when I found out I might be moved AGAIN (we have done that quite a few times after 22 years of active military service.) She has a good job now after looking for a year and a half and will stay here in the house while I live in the RV during the week (a short 2 hours drive home for the weekend) until I retire in a couple of years. After that we plan use the RV to see the Pacific Northwest.
We decided that a toy hauler would better fit our needs (we have dogs and cats and toys.) We were both shocked when we started looking how many RV brands and styles were on the market. After a lot of research, we plan to get a Heartland toy hauler. Still trying to decide on Cyclone or RW. Finally, my question is: When will the 2012 floorplans come out? We plan to buy around OCT but I remember the 2011s coming out early in 2010.
thanks for any info,

R

Riverman

I would think that the 2012's are out already!
We picked up our 2011 in January of 2010...it was built in December 2009
Im not sure how they decide when to change their model years

6.7powerstroke

The new Titanium lines are being launched Feb 1. I guess they are going to be 2011 models, but they are completely new. There are currently three floorplans. The two dual axles are the Road Warrior 30C and the Cyclone 300C. There is a tri-axle Cyclone called the 370C and there are rumors about a Road Warrior version of this one coming out also.

randot

Thanks for the replies. 6.7powerstroke, I see you have a RW 30C. We have looked at this one seriously because we really like the floorplan, but I was wondering how you feel about the stepped-up bedroom and shorter closet space.
R

jimtoo

Hi randot,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Thanks for your service to our country.

Enjoy the forum and join our family.

Jim M

6.7powerstroke

Randot - Yeah, the closet isn't ideal, but it should work fine. We didn't use our closet all that much in our Cougar to hang things, just to throw on the floor in crates. I think we are going to be okay with the closet, but you are right, it is a bit shorter than the normal size. As for the bed, loved it. Get a really nice big queen in there and it sits nicely in the nose. I don't mind the stepped up bed at all. We just loved the floorplan. It was the same as the Voltage without all of the stupid over the top decorations. We looked at that and the 3010 Cyclone, but we thought the 30C was a much better layout, making better use of the space.