Loose sink and faucet

We own a 2010 model and a couple months ago, there was a gap appearing between the lower edge of the countertop and the top edge of the stainless steel sink. Overtime this gap has widened and the sink can be moved from side to side and appears as though all that is holding it in place is the pvc drain. There are a number of small metal shafts around the underside perimeter of the of the sink which I assume are somehow meant to be tightened to draw the sink up tight against the counter. I am not able to figure out how to tighten the sink up to the counter so I can resilicone the perimeter of the sink to stop water leakage.

Also, the fawcett is quite loose in that it wables around when using the lever to open or close the valves.
Is there a means of tightening it down without completely unhooking the water lines and removing the whole apparatus from the sink??

Thank you

2010augusta

Re: ATF: Landmark -

Don & Carol,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I too, have experienced the "falling" sink and loose faucet. both can be remedied.

First for the sink, take a good look underneath and you should find 6-8 right angle bracket screwed into wooden strips along both sides and the back, (this is easiest viewed from inside the cabinet to the right of the sink or by removing the flip-out front on the left side of the sink) There are probably NO clips on the front of the sink. Call Heartland service and request a set of undermount sink clips, and add at least 2 clips to the front of the sink and then remount and reseal the whole thing.

Second, the faucet is really easy. loosen the 2 retainers on the underside of the faucet and this will let you lift the faucet a bit without unhooking any lines, and you can now access a large nut on the bottom of the faucet. tighten this nut and it will cure the looseness.

Hope this gets you going again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I noticed a small leak at the front of my sink (similar to an Augusta). There were no clips in front, so I ordered them from Heartland. They run about $1.25, but the S&H jacks it to over $12. The photos show what you are looking for. The studs you mentioned are for mounting the sink over the counter, rather than undermounted. They are called "Sink J Clips", Item #16132. The photo shows the two at the rear, and there was one on each end of the sink, as well. I did stop the leak by running a small bead of silicone around the sink/countertop joint. The clips will get installed this spring (arrived after we put rig in storage).

View attachment 11975

JohnDar

I forgot to add that the fasteners (wing nut and threaded shaft) they send are useless and are not what you need. You will need to pickup a couple of 3/4" wood screws to attach them. This photo may show how they are attached a little better.

View attachment 11976

Alan
Thanks for the info, however the faucet is single lever and there are no retainers on the underside of the faucet and the only way to remove or add any wiggle room to acess the tightening ring is to undo the water lines and remove the complete unit as I see it.
There are no right angle brackets securing the sink, but rather a strip of metal with cylinders about 1/8th" in diamter protruding from it. There are a number of these around the perimeter of the sink and I can't for the life of me surmise how these can be adjusted or if in fact they can be.
Don

2010augusta

Those threaded shafts have nothing to do with the undermounting. The clips are hard to see but they are there, you just have to look way to the sides or back to see them.

here is another pic
DSCF1147.JPG

Last edited:

JohnDar

The photo I posted of the clips was taken by looking from the cabinet at the corner of the counter. If you remove the top drawer next to the sink, you can see that side. The front of the sink is only visible by using a mirror or being a circus contortionist. If you look in from the cabinet, and don't see any brackets, then your sink was not properly installed and they only put a bead of caulk around the flange, thinking that would hold it up. THAT mistake has been addressed in many earlier posts about dropping sinks. If you don't have any clips, call Heartland and demand they send them to you for free.

JohnDar

Alan, between your last photo of the end of your sink and the one I posted, it is clear that there is no set procedure for installing the same sink in an identical counter. You have two side clips, I only have one. And SilverAugusta sounds like he doesn't have any at all. Process control, who needs it??

ChopperBill

I had a loose handle. Look at the bottom of the handle and you will find a small rubber plug. Remove plug and you will find a small allen screw, and is probably loose like mine was. Tighten as required.

K

karykatz

silveraugusta,

I see lots of members have commented on your issue. below is from our production manager. It sounds like the clips are loose. i hope this helps.

the sink is held by the metal clips that are loose they need to be tightened they can use a screw driver to do this after the sink is tight it can be resealed the faucet is held on by a big nut with 2 screws loosen the screws then tighten the nut tight then the screws can be tighten they are what holds the nut from loosening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: ATF: Landmark - Loose sink and faucet

silveraugusta, Can you be more specific when you say "metal shafts" around the underside of the sink? We have a plastic sink and the clips are on the sides but none in front or rear of the sink. Our faucet actually holds the rear of the sink to the counter top.

I've attached a couple pics of the faucet. You'll see a brass circular ring around the lower threads of the faucet. This is the faucet clamp. Make sure those 2 screws are about midway through the tabs on the side of the ring. Hand tighten the ring up to the bottom of the sink. Tighten the screws. Make sure you have the silver washer which sort of spreads the holding power of the screws.

Attachments

• sink bottom.JPG
    sink bottom.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 34
  • faucet clamp 2.JPG
    faucet clamp 2.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 38
  • faucet clamp.JPG
    faucet clamp.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 30

traveler44

Our sink started sagging in the middle and water would leak down into the cabinet below. I took the clips loose except for the one that was covered by a side strip that is stapled on. Mine had a clip towards each end of the front and back and one in the middle of each end. After recaulking I hade to move the two on the back closer to the middle to get the sag out. The sink is installed from the bottom and these clips or toe clamps hold it up in place. After the caulk sets I plan on removing one screw at a time and adding some glue to the ones that don't want to tighten completely. It would be nice if I could get a couple of extra clips at the big rally. Tom M.

JohnDar

Re: ATF: Landmark - Loose sink and faucet

silveraugusta, Can you be more specific when you say "metal shafts" around the underside of the sink? We have a plastic sink and the clips are on the sides but none in front or rear of the sink. Our faucet actually holds the rear of the sink to the counter top.

I've attached a couple pics of the faucet. You'll see a brass circular ring around the lower threads of the faucet. This is the faucet clamp. Make sure those 2 screws are about midway through the tabs on the side of the ring. Hand tighten the ring up to the bottom of the sink. Tighten the screws. Make sure you have the silver washer which sort of spreads the holding power of the screws.

I missed your post earlier, Ray. You have the same "shafts" as SilverAugusta, 2010Augusta, and me, as well as anyone else with an undercounter sink. Those plastic shafts you see on yours do the same function, IF the sink was mounted over the counter. A bracket or piece of metal underneath the counter top opening is attached to those shafts by a screw to hold the sink flange to the counter top and prevent the sink from moving. Mounted under the counter, as our sinks are, they serve no purpose. The sinks they are using can be mounted in either configuration, over or under the counter top.

Ray LeTourneau

AHHH! I think I get it now. The "shafts" are the molded in holes (in a plastic sink) for accepting the screws. When I hear the word shaft, I think of a cylindrical rod so to speak. Like crank"shaft". or cam"shaft" or a length of steel rod.

JohnDar

AHHH! I think I get it now. The "shafts" are the molded in holes (in a plastic sink) for accepting the screws. When I hear the word shaft, I think of a cylindrical rod so to speak. Like crank"shaft". or cam"shaft" or a length of steel rod.

So, Grasshopper, you have learned of the many connotations of the word "shaft." There is also the meaning of "shaft" when one fills out their tax return. Master is already looking for a suitable ointment to ease the IRS (irritated rectal syndrome) pain. :eek::eek::eek:

Ray LeTourneau

So, Grasshopper, you have learned of the many connotations of the word "shaft." There is also the meaning of "shaft" when one fills out their tax return. Master is already looking for a suitable ointment to ease the IRS (irritated rectal syndrome) pain. :eek::eek::eek:
I see why you deleted your prior post...:eek::eek::eek: