Extended warranties

albertr

Does anybody have any experience with extended warranties. We are considering buying one. If I read the posts in some of the forums in the forums I get the impression that there are no good ones but that cant be true. Would appreciate comments...Al

lwmcguir

You are simply paying in advance for expected repairs. Some folks like that feature. Your warranty will not cover big ticket items on the coach. So based on that I am sure there are good ones, just depends on how you want to manage your money.

jnbhobe

I think an extended warranty is good for a person who can't do their own maintance and repairs on their RV's. I wouldn't have one because I do all of my own work on the unit. I do buy them on my automobiles, But I only buy the factory Ford ESP and pay $50.00 over cost for it. If you do have one make sure you know all the ins and outs of the policy.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I would get the name of the warranty company from your dealer and do some on line investigating of that company. You should be able to make an informed decision that way. I think the biggest problem is following the rules they set for service work. Pre-authorization is almost always required for any work.
I bought a policy when we purchased our used truck. The repairs it covered would have cost more than the warranty so it was a good move for me. Sometimes it works the other way. Like all insurance, it's good to have when you need it.