Dodge Cummins 48re replacement Transmission.

Buford445

I have a thread from a forum that has DETAILED Pics and Explanations and responses from ATS I can post or I can send through a PM that explains why NOT to USE ATS Trans. You don't get what you pay for

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a thread from a forum that has DETAILED Pics and Explanations and responses from ATS I can post or I can send through a PM that explains why NOT to USE ATS Trans. You don't get what you pay for

Ed, Thanks for the info. I've read enough to convince me to stay away from ATS. I will either go with Goerend or Suncoast, if at all possible. (due to logistics)

firemailwv

I have a Goerend Triple disk converter installed in my truck and I certainly have no complaints. Not a hint of trouble. I called him, told him what I did with my truck and intended usage and power increases and he built it for me based on that information. I had it shipped and installed locally. I would definitely recommend him. You and I don't know about Dave Goerend because he pays for advertising in magazine's or website's. We know him by word of mouth and quality work. That means a lot to me. I don;t like to pay big prices to support a big marketing budget.

Buford445

In My Opinion go with the BEST One Closest to YOU and Don't Try to Piece One together, When you start buying the parts your self and someone you Know put it together........You Will LOSE There are 2 threads over there that tried that and it didn't go well

TandT

I have a Goerend Triple disk converter installed in my truck and I certainly have no complaints. Not a hint of trouble. I called him, told him what I did with my truck and intended usage and power increases and he built it for me based on that information. I had it shipped and installed locally. I would definitely recommend him. You and I don't know about Dave Goerend because he pays for advertising in magazine's or website's. We know him by word of mouth and quality work. That means a lot to me. I don;t like to pay big prices to support a big marketing budget.

Yes, I'm sold on Goerend. Haven't been able to find anything negative at all about them. Thanks for the testimonial. He referred me to a guy here locally that installs his trannys. Trace

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hey Trace, get the new trans in by the rally. There is a riverbed on the CG. You can try it out in there and see if it will pull the Horn thru it. LOL

TandT

Dave Goerend is going to set me up with a heavy duty towing trans. and I'm going to have it installed here locally at a shop he recommended, Inglewood Transmissions in La Habra, Ca. next week.
Triple disc converter, billet input shaft, the works. Everyone says Goerend is the best.
Mike at Inglewood trans. says, it should be the last trans. I ever need. Hopefully he is right. I only want to do this once.

Last edited: