ITC Shower Head (outside shower on Big Horn)

rwoodall

Marshfield, Mo
The outside shower head is cracked at the seam and I need to replace it. How do you take the head off? It's the Fontana ITC 97022-001.

rwoodall

Marshfield, Mo
Thanks John...with the picture I can see the threads at the base of the shower head.

Its been linking, while I've been hooked up so hoping replacing the head will stop the leak. I know the seam leaks but can't stop the water from dripping. I hope its not a problem behind the wall with seal collar since I can't stop the water by turning the faucets off. I will start off with a new head and see if that cures the problem.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Odd that it continues to leak with the faucets off, even if you're hooked up. You might try extending the hose out and manipulating the little on/off lever on the head to drain the hose to see if it continues to leak with the faucets off. Might be easier to replace the entire assembly if it does, rather than piece by piece.

olcoon

I'm thinking the outside shower is where my leak is in and/or around the UDC. Can't really find exactly where it's leaking, but once I found the shower head turned on, but the knobs were turned off...shower head was leaking water, sometimes I'll also find water inside the UDC. We have never used the outside shower, so I don't know how the shower head got turned on. I've found the floor of the basement around the UDC soaking wet & had to use a wet vac to get it dried out. I'm planning on putting shut off valves on the back of the UDC on the inlet hoses for the hot & cold water when it warms up.