reading threads backwards

bluebirdsnfur

Hello! Joined this forum a few weeks ago in order to help us decide which HL unit would be best for us, gather lots of mind boggling info, and meet the HL folks. But....it is driving me nuts :p reading all these threads backwards! I have never been on a forum where you read the last page first. Is there a way I can change this?

jimtoo

Hi DebnAl,

On the top right click settings,, then on the left scroll to "my setting",,,look down more for "general Setting"..click and then look for "thread display mode"...chose "linear-Oldest First"... then you should see oldest or first post first and newest last...

Jim M

bluebirdsnfur

Well there ya go! I tried to find my 'settings' but couldn't. The top of my page is covering those selections at top right hand corner. They do pop out when you get your curser near them.

Thanks Jimtoo! I will love reading all the threads much better now :D

jbeletti

Glad you got it changed to your preference. That's really what it is a "personal preference". I prefer newest first. Really helpful on multi-page threads :)

golf_driver

Hello! Joined this forum a few weeks ago in order to help us decide which HL unit would be best for us, gather lots of mind boggling info, and meet the HL folks. But....it is driving me nuts :p reading all these threads backwards! I have never been on a forum where you read the last page first. Is there a way I can change this?

oops...hey Babe!

AlnDeb

bluebirdsnfur

Hmmmm... never thought of it that way... all I know is I felt like I was reading a book backwards. LOL... just wasn't right. :D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is there a reason your font size is so small and it's almost the same color as the background??

jdfishing

Thanks noobee, for asking the question. I figured newest first was just the way it was and not changable. I like it the other way, at least for now. Thanks Jim, for the easy to follow directions.

pegmikef

Newest first sure makes it handy if you have asked for assistance and like to periodically check back to see if there's any new advice without having to scroll through all the old ones to get to it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok, guys, time to get your minds out of the gutter....
images

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ok, guys, time to get your minds out of the gutter....
images

What? Who? Me??? The handle is "bluebirdsnfur." So blue birds aren't all that big, and maybe the fur keeps them warm cuz the heater quit!! I'm innocent (well, maybe not) as charged.