Service Work at 2011 North American Heartland Owners Rally - Goshen, IN

jbeletti

The attached email was sent out today to all 239 attendees registered as of today.

I will also paraphrase the email below.

Thanks,

Jim

2011 North American Heartland Owners Rally

Service Request

Hi (attendee first name),

For this rally, you are allowed to submit 2 minor service requests and Heartland will make "best efforts" to get to these.

At this rally:
  • We can do minor service work only
    (repair, replacement and adjustment of small items)
  • We cannot do major service work the rally
  • We cannot repair/replace things like awnings, steps, windows, air conditioners, refers etc. at the rally

We want to stress that:
  1. While we cannot promise that we will get to your requests, best efforts will be made
  2. We cannot accept more than 2 minor items from you
  3. We cannot do any major repairs/replacements

How do I submit my requests:
  1. You need to visit this link, complete the form and click Submit (you will need the last 8 digits of your VIN, so please grab that before starting the form)

What happens then:

1. An email containing the form results is automatically sent to a Club Member who has volunteered to do a first level review of each submission. This member is Chuck Batcke from Michigan. Chuck has done this for several years
  2. Chuck drops the requests into a spreadsheet and sends that into Heartland Service weekly
  3. Heartland Service reviews each request and codes each one, then returns it back to Chuck
  4. Chuck obtains additional information from requesters where needed and confirms request approvals as applicable

What if I need to change my request:
  1. Do NOT complete a new form. Instead, email Chuck at rallyservice@heartlandowners.org. In that email, include your name, phone number and the changes you'd like to make.
  2. Chuck will make those changes and restart the review process.

See you in Goshen!

Thank you,

Jim Beletti
Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs
President, Heartland Owners Club

Attachments

• Email - 2011 North American Heartland Owners Rally - Service Request Notice - 24-Feb-2011.pdf
    185.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/15/2011 to 6/19/2011

Jim, I had a question regarding repairs at the rally. It says windows are not on the list of items for repairs. What I have is a window latch on the big rear window of my BH, that will not latch upon closing. I almost have to get a crowbar to get it to push in far enough to latch. Does this constitute a "window repair", or would it qualify as simply a latch adjustment? I don't want to fool with it and break something. Thanks,Trace

jbeletti

Trace,

Since we buy the window complete and never have to repair them at the plant, I am doubting that we'll be able to make the adjustment you seek. If the window mfr was there - it would be different. You can list it and Chuck can check with the factory.

Jim

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace,

Since we buy the window complete and never have to repair them at the plant, I am doubting that we'll be able to make the adjustment you seek. If the window mfr was there - it would be different. You can list it and Chuck can check with the factory.

Jim

Okay Jim, Thanks

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Thanks to all that have responded so far - 54 request so far. We are expecting far more than that and the factory is limiting repairs to any one rig to no more than 30 minutes to give everyone a chance to have its work done.

If your unit is currently under warranty, please contact your dealer unless it is pretty minor and getting the dealer to do the repair would be a great inconvenience.

Investigating electrical circuit failures where tracing through the coach cannot be done. Repair to an outlet is possible.

porthole

Retired
Hey Jim, couple of Q's

I did not receive this via email (I did receive the Lippert promo)

Is there a deadline for submitting? I won't even have the cover off for another month or so.

So - is a full wash and wax minor :cool: Just want to get the 3010 in early on that one!

jbeletti

While we believe that everyone that wants rally service has already signed up for it, I've decided to place a copy of the last email that went out to all registered rally attendees about the service and how to sign up for it.

If you have already submitted a form, you do not need to resubmit it. If you submitted a form and did not hear back from Chuck Batcke, you are on the list. Due to the volume of attendees, this marks the first year time did not allow Chuck to confirm back with everyone. Rather, he communicated on an exception basis. This said, please bear in mind that Chuck is not a Heartland employee. Chuck is a product owner like you who volunteered his time to help with the process of reviewing and organizing for Heartland Customer Service, all the rally service requests. So if you didn't hear back from him, or did hear back and did not like what you were told, please take it easy on Chuck. The decision on what we can or cannot do did not rest with Chuck at all - he was merely the messenger. Please tell him thank you for his efforts when you see him at the rally.

Jim

Attachments

• Service_Request_Email_13-Apr-2011.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 23

GETnBYE

Mr. Chuck, We hope to see you at the rally, but just in case we don't, we appreciate all the hard work you have done on this project, Thank you so much.