Truck to use to tow Bighorn 2985 RL

CROY

Does anybody out there own a big horn 2985 rl ?
I would like to hear your comments about the above model and what kind of truck you are using to tow it.
I have a ford 2011 sd 4x4 f250 6.2l gas engine . Is my truck ok to tow it?

AKGUY47

Alright I have an 2011 F-350 with a 6.2 which I will use to tow a 3795 Cyclone. I had another post going about gear ratio and power. I don't know how big the 2985 is. I am not trying to prove anybody wrong, but I hope my truck does okay so I don't have to go diesel. My 03 6.0 diesel gave me problems, turbo went out and replaced two trannies. Plus it was slipping again when I traded it in. I could have had a lemon but we use them at up here at work, so I have some inside on them.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello!

The 2985 has a GVWR of 14,000lbs. You should be within all weight ratings with the F250 especially if you do not load the Bighorn to max weight. I don't have the specs for your truck handy so you might want to check the sticker on the drivers door for the particulars to be sure.

Best Wishes and Happy Camping!

jnbhobe

Looks to me like your truck is good to around 12K with 3.73 gears and 15K with 4.30 gears. I have a 03 f-350 with 110K on it and have never had a problem, hope it lasts a few more weeks till the new one comes in. LOL

TedS

We have the 2011 2985RL and tow with a 4x4 Chev 2500HD duramax. Seems to do just fine here in the Rockies. I'd like to get weights just to be sure I'm not over limits with our normal travel load.