Blocked/pinched fuel line

yuri_rage

The generator fuel line on my '11 3612 has become either severely blocked or pinched. I disconnected the line at both ends and tried blowing compressed air through the line. It will not clear. I suspect that it may be kinked or pinched. I don't want to lower the whole underbelly panel. Anyone have any ideas about the most likely location of the problem? Have a good place to start?

ultrafarmer

When I had my under belly off my fuel line was in the wrong place and had a kink in it. I moved it and tie strapped in a better location. Mine was still working, I was working on the water tank moving water lines so the tank would fill up not just half full.

porthole

Retired
Behind the generator, between it and the basement wall.

Mine wasn't pinched of, but it was "squeezed" enough where I could not pull the extra slack out of the excess hose above the under belly.
The hose just runs along the frame from the tank to the point where it goes up into the genny compartment.

yuri_rage

Fixed!

We had the RV in the shop for warranty service last Fall. When the techs replaced the underbelly panel after fixing a fresh water tank problem, they pinched the fuel line between the frame and the panel. The problem didn't manifest itself until several weeks after the service was performed - the line must've been slowly collapsing. I'm glad I caught the problem and corrected it when I did. The line was damaged and would likely have started leaking soon. I cut about 1.5" out of the line and spliced it with a hose barb.

Here's a picture of the pinched line:

scaledp1030533.jpg

This is the second issue we've had with that fuel line. It's a poor design - roughly 25' of rubber fuel line just floats free in the underbelly of the RV. I'd prefer to see a hard line run most of the way from the tank. Lacking that, the rubber line should at least be held captive by some clamps every few feet. That'd be cheap insurance against kinks, cuts, and abrasion.

gpshemi

Ya know I was thinking about this some time ago when someone was talking about fuel line issues. Considering the amount of area under the floor of the garage (TONS) seems to me it would be a better idea to place the genny back there, next to the tank, rather then in the front. Would also give you another place for storage. No?