RV Shipping Questions??

bggrndodge

Our new 3010 is about to roll off the end of the line, and origanily I was going to drive down to Ohio and pick it up. Well I can not take that much leave at this time and was wondering if anyone has ever had their 5th wheel shipped? Also, it would have to be someone that ships to Alaska, just looking for some info and or reccomendations if anyone has done this.

Thanks
Jake

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
Hey Jake,
Welcome to the club and congratulations on your new purchase.

I would recommend asking the factory to make shipping arrangements for you or try locating an RV dealer nearby and asking for help.

Having your Cyclone shipped up here would cost approximately 10k. We were going to have ours shipped from Wa. to Anchorage for a cost of about 8k, but ended up driving down there to pick it up ourselves and saved about 5k in doing so.

Good luck,

Kurt

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
They have rv haulers in elkhart, in. Who haul for lots of rv dealers. Contact them direct to get a price. Or, find a local retired couple you trust to go get it for you.

jbeletti

Jake,

The dealer usually determines how the unit gets to them for their purchase from Heartland. Most use Heartland's contractors to haul the RVs to the dealerships. For delivery to you, most dealers can offer that service using their own delivery drivers or contractors they have a relationship with. Consider starting with your dealer. Heartland will not be able to assist you in the delivery to you from your dealer as the retail relationship on the sale side is between you and your selling dealer.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
You can figure about $1.50 per mile for delivery. The RV carriers that deliver to dealers from the manufacturers charge over a dollar a mile, and they do that every day, so if you allow a bit more than they charge, you will get an idea of how much it will cost.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We had ours shipped from Ohio to our driveway in WA State. The cost was $3000. The dealer made the arrangments with an independent hauler (they ususally bid for the job). You might consider having it shipped at least part of the way and picking it up at a closer location. We almost did that but I ended up having an arm injury requiring surgery so we had it shipped to our location.

Best Wishes!

porthole

Retired
That is a real good price. When I inquired about shipping mine it 1.50 a mile both ways, so way less fro me to drive out and get it. And fuel was not $4 a gallon then.
I would expect to see a surcharge on that $1.50 a mile now.

To the lower end of Alaska I find over 3000 miles, and not the easiest of trips.

bggrndodge

Thanks for all the input, I have decided to use the dealers shipper. I checked a few private contractors and they were within a couple hundred dollars, so might as well use a known good source. Thanks again, it will be here the 28th of March, can't wait!!!!

ParkIt

Another thing to consider is most dealers that deliver have drivers who won't just drop your unit off then leave, they will take the time to do a full walk through, inspection and make sure you know what everything is before leaving at no additional charge. Many dealers for HL are used to new owners that do not live in the state of purchase and don't want a bad reputation for delivering a fully functioning unit and guide.