Kitchen sinks

I wish the kitchen sinks were the 60/40 instead of the small square double sinks. I can not fit even an RV dishpan into them. What happend to the standard ones? Also bring back the counter extensions. My husband has to make one for me.

Last edited:

Netem

If you look in the standard features interior it says large 60/40 kitchen sink. No I didn't get one either. The fine print says specifications are subject to change because of Heartlands commitment to continuous product improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using 2 hospital wash basins that we had from past visits. Glad I took them home--not perfect but do-able. Also,dear hubby made a great counter extension that fold up & down. I have posted a pix elsewhere. Waiting for spring to start camping. We spent from May to end of Sept in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Sorry for getting in late on the SUNDANCE SUCKS, statement but I have been out of town. I would like to get my turn on the soap box, I have been a camper all my life born and raised in Missouri and my first RV was my Horse (no sink no bed etc..) and when I had an opporitunity to get involved with RV'n I thought I could make a difference and make memories for the next generations to come more memorable. I just measured the sinks in the Sundance and they are 14"X12"and 8" deep I have at times been frustrated with my RV BUT NEVER SHOT A PERSON BETWEEN THE EYES BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE WAS NOT PERFECT!!!(hit my nerve) Lets take out that sink and put the largest one they make and well, we'll have to take out a drawer or two and some under the counter shelf out - which I'm sure will upset others who value more shelf space and drawer space than sink space. What about the 35000 BTU furnace, heated and sealed underbelly, Patented Turning Radius (saves up to 2100 dollars if you have a short bed), shocks, 60X80 res. queen bed, this is things that other brands do not or will not have. I could go on and on about Sundance and Heartland - who is ranked # 3 in the NATION, because we care and give all we can give (7lbs in a 5lb bag), Sundance is ranked # 28 in less than 2 years which none of my competitors ranked that fast when they first came out. We have so much passion for what we do and understand that we are not going to please everyone all the time but to post Sundance Sucks is like, well, just kick my dog and move on. Everyone tries to have a niche and something that others don't have unfortunely I didn't choose the sink. If you are ever able to meet with me at a show or the plant I would love to walk you through and look at Sundance and talk with the workers and see how much passion they have for the product - something you would never see with other brands. Sorry for sermon but we love Sundance and think it's a Great Product.
John Leonard - Sundance Brand Manager

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey y'all,

Am I missing something here? Where is this "SUNDANCE SUCKS" statement? :confused:

John,

I hope you weren't out of town using up your vacation 'cause dude you're gonna blow a gasket! There are troops in Baghdad who aren't wound that tightly!

From what I have read on this forum, most will never question the passion of Heartland management nor its employees. While I, for one, can totally appreciate a factory representative taking criticism so personally, my Management side has to say, "For the sake of your personal health and the company's health plan premiums, PLEASE PUSH AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND DECOMPRESS!" :p

We want you to be around to tell us stories about your first RV (Nay or Whinny, your choice!)

P.S. You wanna know what sucks? I own a Rage'N (by National RV). Guess who just went Chapter 11 on us last month? Get those boys over on the Cyclone line to finish my 3210! :D:D

Happy New Year!

jbeletti

Hey gang - time to chill...

What John Leonard (Sundance Product Manager at Heartland) is referring to is the first post by a new user. The post read "Heartland sucks!!!!!".

That was it. Suffice it to say that the post never got approved. Because I have subscribed John to this Design Forum, he received an email of the new post. What he could not have known was that I didn't approve the post for forum viewing.

After further engaging the new user, it was found that he was upset at the size of the sink. This "design idea" was passed along to John.

Be happy :D

Jim

rustyone

Personally I don't own a Sundance..........Love my Horn though, but I would say that when someone from the factory respondes to something posted here.........well I am just tickled pink.........I have had many RV's over the years and would have been happy if the factory Rep would have returned my phone calls.......as far as factory response to our question and comments...... keep on just like you are doing, soon Heartland will have all the other manufactures trying to catch up

Rustyone

Wow John, I only commented on the size of the sinks because I like to use a dishpan.:eek:
The first comment about the sink size was back in January 2007 so I am at a loss why you are upset. Please know that I never disparged Heartland or Sundance. Husband and I toured the factory with you and were impressed with the Sundance and promptly ordered one. Just to let you know, we love our Sundance and have had only good things to say about it and our dealer,and our factory tour with you.:D
Sorry to see you so upset.

Walloongirl.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
SOOORRRRYYYYY!!!! Wow I am fully decompressed now that I am back at work. I have to explain that yes I was just alittle uptight but, I have to tell you 19 hours with my Wife (a little Texas girl and our two chihuahuas) driving to Texas might have been a little to much. I thank you for beiging concerned for my health and our company insurance (it just went up - no connection I hope) But I want everyone to know that Heartland is the real deal, we have alot of passion for our company, product and most of all our customers. (Heartland owners rally - wow) so maybe I came off a bit more than I should have but, I do LOVE those Sundance's!!!! Thanks for all your responses and keep them coming - thats the only way we can grow and go forward. God Bless America!!! - John Sundance Brand Manager

maldds

We just took delivery on our 2900MK yesterday and my wife found out the same thing about the dish drainer. I took our old drainer and cut off the lip around the outside with a bandsaw. Fits like a glove now.

Greselda

Hi John L....
Was just surfing on this thread and came acoss your name and hope you are still with Heartland. BTW, we absolutely love our Sundance 265xlt....so much so that we made some mods to it when we returned this last winter from 3 months on the road in the southwest.
My DH, who is very, very handy....converted our n/s bed to an e/w bed, and took out the three little closets and put in a full wardrobe with sliding doors; 6 large inside the closet shelves, and completely re-tiled the floor in a wood motif.....very pretty! Boy, does that closet come in handy.....I can actually hang all of our clothes without any wrinkles....yippee!!
What makes us so happy with our 265xlt Sundance is the light weight and the length of only 28' 6".....very nice to tow with our Ford F250 V10 4x4 crew cab!
Keep up the good work......we love our Sundance!!
Rick and Janine

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Wow.. I hope all the other managers are as enthusiastic as John. You did get a bit carried away but it is comforting to know that Heartland has employees that are not there to just put in a days work.

We are going to the Goshen Rally on the 8th. Hope you come by and let us meet you.
BC

jbeletti

Rick and Janine,

John is still with Heartland but in another capacity.

Dave Willis is the Sundance Brand Manager now. Your mods sounds really cool. Can you post some pictures on them? I am sure others would also love to see them and get inspiration from them.

Thanks,

Jim

Greselda

Thanks, Jim for the updated info and Dave Willis' contacy name. BTW, I will post pics as soon as we are completely finished, which should be in a couple of days.

Happily Heartland Sundance Owners
Rick and Janine

Sundance_kid

Replaced the doll house sink with a fiberglass, marble finsh sink off Ebay ($50 shipped). Only had to trim the top drawer a little and about a 1 1/4" off the backside of existing opening..... Mama is happy now........:D

Attachments

• DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    317.1 KB · Views: 93

Sundance_kid

Thanks Jim, guess I should have put down the measurements. the old sink was 25"X17 1/2"X5" deep. The new one is 25"X19" the large side is 14"X12"X7" deep and the vegie side is 14"X8 1/2"X5" deep.

slojohn

love my 2900 MK '08 Heartland and Northwest (Nash/Artic Fox) in my experience seem to be the two RV companies who give a s--- what we customers think.