Does Bighorn 3610RE have replaceable bathroom doors?

Hello all. New to the forum and I apoligize in advance if i have posted this message in the wrong category.

For the last month, the boss (otherwise known as the DW) and I have been searching for a new 5er. We have come down to the Bighorn 3610RE and Montana 3615RL. They both have their strengths but "one" thing that would tip the scale in the direction of the Bighorn is the main bathroom door. The thing is a slider. Really? And it doesn't lock to boot!! My question to all you experienced Bighorn owners is . . . can you get a prehung door to replace the sliding door in the 3610RE?

Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Rut-n-Buck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I was looking at the floor plans on the Heartland RVs web site and it does not show the doors as sliders. Have you seen a 3610RE in person that has sliders or are you looking at a 3410RE that shows to have sliders?

Let us know, and if we can answer any questions, just ask.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a new 3670RL, which I believe is the same Bath as the 3610 (mega bath). It DOES NOT have a sliding bath door. The door does lock and swing out into the hall.
We too started out looking at the Montana and switched gears to go with the Bighorn. The scales just kept tipping towards the Bighorn. Look at the quality of the shower for one thing. I just could not get my brain around the "paper" thin shower in the Montana. Too many other quality issues with the Montana also. We are very happy so far with our Bighorn. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Rut-n-Buck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I was looking at the floor plans on the Heartland RVs web site and it does not show the doors as sliders. Have you seen a 3610RE in person that has sliders or are you looking at a 3410RE that shows to have sliders?

Let us know, and if we can answer any questions, just ask.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jim,

I'm definitely looking at the 3610RE and the dealership has two of them. This is what's confusing . . . I have two brochures given to me by the salesman. Examining the fine print on the back I see that one has a 1/10 stamp and the other a 1/11 stamp. The one marked as 1/10 shoes the 3610RE WITHOUT the "mega-bath" . . . it's a regular bathroom but the 1/11 brochure shows the 3610RE WITH the mega-bath and it's 2' longer then whats advertised in the 1/10 brochure. Here's what's screwy . . . the dealership is advertising the 3610RE floor plan thats in the 1/10 brochure as a 2011 model!!

At any rate, back to topic . . . door. Take a look at the 2010 3610RE and you'll see sliding doors. We REALLY like this floorplan but the sliding doors on the Head is a deal-breaker for me I think.

jimtoo

Jim,

I'm definitely looking at the 3610RE and the dealership has two of them. This is what's confusing . . . I have two brochures given to me by the salesman. Examining the fine print on the back I see that one has a 1/10 stamp and the other a 1/11 stamp. The one marked as 1/10 shoes the 3610RE WITHOUT the "mega-bath" . . . it's a regular bathroom but the 1/11 brochure shows the 3610RE WITH the mega-bath and it's 2' longer then whats advertised in the 1/10 brochure. Here's what's screwy . . . the dealership is advertising the 3610RE floor plan thats in the 1/10 brochure as a 2011 model!!

At any rate, back to topic . . . door. Take a look at the 2010 3610RE and you'll see sliding doors. We REALLY like this floorplan but the sliding doors on the Head is a deal-breaker for me I think.

OK,, I see what your talking about... I found the other floor plan on another dealer's site and it is listed as 2011 also. The factory does make running production changes and this is most likely where the change is....buy the one with out the sliding doors :)... join our family and have fun with your new unit..

Jim M

K

karykatz

Jim,

In December 2010 Heartland RV changed the 3610RE. We introduced the new Mega Bath shower and 32" Deep bedroom slide. This gives the Bighorn 3610 the largest shower and Bedroom in the industry. The old sytle 3610 with smaller neo angle shower and 2 doors to the bathroom has been discontinued. There are several units with the old specs in dealers inventories, however any new models will be the redesigned look. Both models are 2011 model year until we change our model year.

I hope this helps eliminate any confussion.

Jim,

In December 2010 Heartland RV changed the 3610RE. We introduced the new Mega Bath shower and 32" Deep bedroom slide. This gives the Bighorn 3610 the largest shower and Bedroom in the industry. The old sytle 3610 with smaller neo angle shower and 2 doors to the bathroom has been discontinued. There are several units with the old specs in dealers inventories, however any new models will be the redesigned look. Both models are 2011 model year until we change our model year.

I hope this helps eliminate any confussion.

Kary,

Maybe you can answer my question about the door? The sliding door for the hallway entrance to the bathroom on the old floor plan is not desirable. It doesn't even lock and I'm not about to invest $50k or so into a new unit and put a $2 hook-n-loop lock on it. Does Bighorn have a pre-hung door that can replace the sliding door?

ChopperBill

All I have to say is. Thank you! Thank you God! That our early "11" has the older bath WITH sliding doors. I went in a few with hung doors. The door Has to stay closed no matter the situation. Half the A/C and heat come out of the bath, with hung doors that air is trapped. The new mega bath with only one hung door, I still cant figure out why they didnt put a slider there. Areas with small square footage were made for sliding doors. As for putting on a lock, I personally have no need for a lock but if I did it sure wouldn't be a deal breaker for us. Theres too many other things to look at that are a heck of a lot more important.

TandT

All I have to say is. Thank you! Thank you God! That our early "11" has the older bath WITH sliding doors. I went in a few with hung doors. The door Has to stay closed no matter the situation. Half the A/C and heat come out of the bath, with hung doors that air is trapped. The new mega bath with only one hung door, I still cant figure out why they didnt put a slider there. Areas with small square footage were made for sliding doors. As for putting on a lock, I personally have no need for a lock but if I did it sure wouldn't be a deal breaker for us. Theres too many other things to look at that are a heck of a lot more important.

Chopper, The door does not have to stay closed. We leave ours ajar and there is still great circulation and plenty of room to move past into the bath, or the bedroom. (I have a lock on the door, but I never lock it either. I'm among friends. It's not a public restroom)

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

Don't be needing no locks on my bathroom doors. A. If I'm in there everybody will know it. B. Nobody in their right mind would attempt to open the door. ..Don

Moose

With all the other positives about the Bighorn 3610RE I wouldn't be "hung" up about a slider. It would be pretty easy to add a lock on a slider I would think.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Very simple fix to the problem of uninvited guests opening the slider on you whilst you're conducting business. Next time at a truck stop, pick up these placards and tape them to the outside of the door. When the pocket door is open, the signs are hidden, no problem. When the door is closed, the signs are visible and fair warning has been given. Legal in all 50 states and Canada.

View attachment 12395View attachment 12396

Moose

Very simple fix to the problem of uninvited guests opening the slider on you whilst you're conducting business. Next time at a truck stop, pick up these placards and tape them to the outside of the door. When the pocket door is open, the signs are hidden, no problem. When the door is closed, the signs are visible and fair warning has been given. Legal in all 50 states and Canada.

View attachment 12395View attachment 12396

That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh. Of course its for the DWs . . . . right?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh. Of course its for the DWs . . . . right?

I didn't say that!!

It's also got you covered under the ADA. If any olfactorily challenged visitors come by, they'll have a visual warning.

TandT

I didn't say that!!

It's also got you covered under the ADA. If any olfactorily challenged visitors come by, they'll have a visual warning.

John,Get some made up. I bet they would go like hotcakes at rallys!