2009, 2900mk bedroom slideout floor thickness

johnf

Hi, I need to install 2 x stainless steel runners externally under the floor of my 2900mk bedroom slideout. The rollers are wearing through the black fabric covering. Can you please advise the thickness of the plywood floor so I can use the correct length screws that will not penetrate inside.
Regards
John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, I think the base is one inch thick. To be safe, go with 1/2" stainless countersunk screws. That shouldn't pose any problems at all.

floridarandy

Hi, I need to install 2 x stainless steel runners externally under the floor of my 2900mk bedroom slideout. The rollers are wearing through the black fabric covering. Can you please advise the thickness of the plywood floor so I can use the correct length screws that will not penetrate inside.
Regards
John

Heartland has a kit to fix this that requires no screws.

floridarandy

Here are a couple of resources:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...thylene-flat-strips-to-bottom-edges-of-slides

This is the product through Heartland, actuall from Parkland RV Products:

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ide-out_Floor_Repair_Kit_Instructions_rv1.pdf

My concern for the SS strips, as you might sense form the first thread, is the thickness of the material as the roller meets it. The polyethylene is thinner and less for the roller to "climb". Also no penetration of the wood for water to potentially wick.

Also be sure to note the second issue with regard to potentially exposed outer edges of teh wood where the flashing covers the "L" formed by the sides of the slideout and the floor. There's also a kit for this repair althought the thread provides some other ideas for readily available home improvement products.

Good luck.

johnf

Hi Randy,
Thanks for your information
Also be sure to note the second issue with regard to potentially exposed outer edges of teh wood where the flashing covers the "L" formed by the sides of the slideout and the floor. There's also a kit for this repair althought the thread provides some other ideas for readily available home improvement products.

Are there any photos on the forum showing this fix ??

No problem with the stainless runners. I jacked up the slide and put them back past the rollers so they run on the 6" wide runners all the time.

John