Leaking Shower Pan

BillBr

OK folks, here is a general question. I have a 28P RLS that is about a month old. Love it, and have only found a couple of issues with the camper. My question is this, the shower pan is not supported in the front below the shower door. Therefore when you step there, it is causing the shower pan to pull away from the glass walls, ever so slightly, but enough to cause water seepage under the pan through the screw holes. Now, do I fix it, or take it back to the dealer for warranty work? All it is going to take to fix it, is plywood, 2x4s cut to fit, to brace up the floor as it already is in the back. Opinions please?

Bill

God Bless Our Troops!!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I think if your dealer is close and won't hold it hostage for 3 months...I would have them fix it. JMHO

hoefler

I would call Heartland and let them direct you to a dealer that will do the repair. If you go and do it yourself, then have further problems down the road, you risk not getting any help due to you modifying it from factory original.

DXprowler

If I can do the fix myself I will do it to save on a long host of issues that can happen as a result of a trip to the dealer. I've even sent them pictures of defective parts and had them mail replacements to me. I find it''s just a lot easier to just do it myself! With bigger issues I take it in but that requires time to do it and time to leave it. With this fix I would suggest you just do it yourself. You feel confident that you can so do it but document it with pictures. Pictures and movies are worth more than a thousand words when it comes to warranty!