2005 F-250 Super Duty Turbo Diesel question

caissiel

Stock my 6.0L is hard on fuel with RPM above 2000, I find a big difference with the E-Con, its much more efficient at higher RPM, I get much better millage increase at higher speed then at 2000 RPM. Might be the solution for 4.10. I had a GM with 4.0 and it was really bad on fuel until I cheated the turbo pressure sensor.

nscaler2

Wish mine were that good.

We have a 2006 6.0. At 28000 the torque converter shelled out, putting metal chips into the tranny. Got a new torque converter and a rebuilt tranny. At 40000 miles the EGR valve went south. Truck drove, unloaded,like i had 3 fifth wheels behind me. Two days later the EGR valve cooler started leaking coolent into the combustion system. This produced copious amounts of white smoke and the truck drove like sh##. I am now just waiting for the next shoe to drop. Can't afford to buy a new truck right now. By the way it has had ALL the regular maintenance by the book. Maintenance has all been done at a truck center that sells nothing but Ford trucks (no autos) and semis. They specialize in diesel service and repair. Supposedly the best in the Midwest. Anyhow wish I could trust mine.

lwmcguir

nscaler2, you must have go one of the real lemons out there. Luckily you are still under warranty with the engine. Some of the early 2003 and 2004 engines had some issues. The EGR cooler is a weak point but usually last over a 100K. Hope that is the end of you problems.