We love our Wii!

SueJean

During our stay as volunteers/workkampers at the Escapee's Care Center in Livingston, we were introduced to the fun of Wii bowling.

Their set-up involved a giant TV and a basic Wii set-up and starting out with that, we didn't even consider that we would enjoy playing with a Wii in our rig. We didn't think our little 27" (?) would show enough of the game to make it seem realistic.

After leaving TX, we had another chance to play with a Wii on a smaller TV and the screen size didn't seem to matter to our enjoyment of playing. The next concern was how much open floor space was going to be enough as I'm quite wild when swordfighting. :eek: I don't care for "punching out" the ceiling fan, my "darling opponent" or the cabinets.

Then there's the enthusiastic efforts of Ariela to get into whatever game is on to add more confusion underfoot. She gets really excited when the little dog on Frisbee Golf starts fussing at me for my lame attempts to throw a frisbee. Never mind her confusion when I'm trying to "pedal a bike" or "row my boat"! :p

So, we put off the decision to buy into Wii for several months until finally we couldn't stand it any longer. At first, I tried to buy a used system off of Craigslist, but we were either too slow or too far away or dealing with a two-faced seller so the deals fell thru.

Giving up, we went over to the nearest "Wally World" and forked over the $199 for a new system. Six months down the road, we both agree that we've gained far more than we've spent. We did add a second controller ($20 on eBay) and a rechargeable battery station and a third game (Amazing Race - $15) to our basic Sports and Resort Sports games. We still haven't bothered to learn the third game as we're currently addicted to an evening of Frisbee Golf after months of playing nothing but Resort 100-pin bowling.

The small screen and small space in no way takes away from the fun of playing and we don't miss having a larger screen at all. We definitely do get some exercise from playing the various games even if it's just limited to having to get out of our comfy, cushy recliners. :p

Anyway, since there are so few posts here and since there are probably more than a few Wii's out there on Craigslist looking for new homes, I thought it might be of interest to some of you out there to know that Wii does fit into an RV life!

May HIS blessings find you whatever the road you may be on!

SilverRhino

Thanks for your post.

My wife has been interested in the Wii for the Biggest Loser Work outs......I thought it would be fun, you know for the Grandson, not for me :) Hearing about your enjoyment and especially that it can be fun in the RV will make me start a more serious search for a system.

truknutt

Committed Member
Best combo ever...Wii, Toyhauler garage & stabilizer jacks!!! Boxing will really give you a workout; and it doesn't hurt as much as the real thing!!!

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We have had ours for 3 years and the DW made me (yeah right) install a 32" Vizio in the front so that she can play tennis on a bigger set. She really gets into it so much I have to warn her not to hit the set. I like golf, hunting and bowling. It sure does help those cold nights when you can't get outside.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wii is definitely as much fun for adults as it is for kids. Very user friendly, intuitive, and gets you out of a chair and moving, unlike traditional video games. Even the basic game set that comes with the Wii is lots of fun! I've even seen them advertise Wii-based rehabilitation centers, for folks needing to rehab from surgery.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just took delivery of our new LM and the Wii already had a spot. Now to just get all the electronics hooked up the way we want them. That will be a project for the first trip out.

jbeletti

Got a Wi installed in the San Antonio. Have yet to try it out. May need to get a second A/V cable to keep one on the TV in the storage compartment for outdoor Wi-ing :)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Got a Wi installed in the San Antonio. Have yet to try it out. May need to get a second A/V cable to keep one on the TV in the storage compartment for outdoor Wi-ing :)

That could be a new rally event. Wii n to the oldies!

jbeletti

At the 2009 and 2010 rallies, Michael Kidd brought a Wii to the rally hall one evening after everyone had cleared out. He and a few others played Guitar Hero on the big screen for hours. This conversation reminds me of the Guitar Hero scene in the movie Couples Retreat where Vince Vaughn gives the other guy a pretty good lesson :)

Jim

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We do not own Wii but XBox360 has found a home in the new Bighorn. Being a musician, I love Guitar Hero and the Rock Band Series. Got the Old Playstation in the Basement for those outside events. Hope Mr. Kidd does this again this year!!!!

dnight73

Thank you for posting this! I love my Wii, but haven't tried it out in the trailer yet. We're going "full-time" in about a month and I've really been worried that my Wii wouldn't survive the transition. I like to do a lot of the sports/exercise games and recently purchased "Zumba for Wii", but also concerned about the floor space and bouncing around too much. All of the comments I've seen in this thread have given me a little more confidence on the topic. Thanks to all! ;)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about mounting the Wii in the basement and then you can do your exercise outside. The neighbors might even join you and you could start a trend in the campground.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We've had the Wii system in our RV for several years...LOVE IT! The bowling is great and so is the golf...our son introduced us to it on a visit one time, and we too were hooked!

SilverRhino

How about mounting the Wii in the basement and then you can do your exercise outside. The neighbors might even join you and you could start a trend in the campground.

Now......Finally a use for an outdoor television that makes sense!:)