Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We love our Wii!

1. Print this Post   #1

We love our Wii!

During our stay as volunteers/workkampers at the Escapee's Care Center in Livingston, we were introduced to the fun of Wii bowling.

Their set-up involved a giant TV and a basic Wii set-up and starting out with that, we didn't even consider that we would enjoy playing with a Wii in our rig. We didn't think our little 27" (?) would show enough of the game to make it seem realistic.

After leaving TX, we had another chance to play with a Wii on a smaller TV and the screen size didn't seem to matter to our enjoyment of playing. The next concern was how much open floor space was going to be enough as I'm quite wild when swordfighting. I don't care for "punching out" the ceiling fan, my "darling opponent" or the cabinets.

Then there's the enthusiastic efforts of Ariela to get into whatever game is on to add more confusion underfoot. She gets really excited when the little dog on Frisbee Golf starts fussing at me for my lame attempts to throw a frisbee. Never mind her confusion when I'm trying to "pedal a bike" or "row my boat"!

So, we put off the decision to buy into Wii for several months until finally we couldn't stand it any longer. At first, I tried to buy a used system off of Craigslist, but we were either too slow or too far away or dealing with a two-faced seller so the deals fell thru.

Giving up, we went over to the nearest "Wally World" and forked over the $199 for a new system. Six months down the road, we both agree that we've gained far more than we've spent. We did add a second controller ($20 on eBay) and a rechargeable battery station and a third game (Amazing Race - $15) to our basic Sports and Resort Sports games. We still haven't bothered to learn the third game as we're currently addicted to an evening of Frisbee Golf after months of playing nothing but Resort 100-pin bowling.

The small screen and small space in no way takes away from the fun of playing and we don't miss having a larger screen at all. We definitely do get some exercise from playing the various games even if it's just limited to having to get out of our comfy, cushy recliners.

Anyway, since there are so few posts here and since there are probably more than a few Wii's out there on Craigslist looking for new homes, I thought it might be of interest to some of you out there to know that Wii does fit into an RV life!

May HIS blessings find you whatever the road you may be on!

2008 Ford F-250
    2008 Big Horn 3400RL officially known as "The Nest"
    Full-timers as of June 2009 until Sep 2013 - Back "On The Road Again" end of summer 2018
    Homebase: Wherever we find ourselves parked.

You can read about the travel adventures of SueJean, DannyLee and our "furry owners", Ariela Grace (alpha dog (in her mind only) & Yoshi, the "boss cat" at our blog here:

http://tsiyonbound.blogspot.com

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: We love our Wii!

Thanks for your post.

My wife has been interested in the Wii for the Biggest Loser Work outs......I thought it would be fun, you know for the Grandson, not for me Hearing about your enjoyment and especially that it can be fun in the RV will make me start a more serious search for a system.
    2010 Big Country 3250TS

Sold - 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 4 X 4 - Custom Hauler Bed

2006 Freightliner M2 Sport Chassis
    CAT C9, Allison 6 Speed & Air All the way
    SE Custom bed - Trailer Saver TSLB 32K Hitch

Randy & Mary +
    2 Beagles that LOVE to Camp

3. Print this Post   #3

Best combo ever...Wii, Toyhauler garage & stabilizer jacks!!! Boxing will really give you a workout; and it doesn't hurt as much as the real thing!!!
    TrukNutt & Co.
    (Dave, Nona, Sienna, Maverick & Salem)
    U.S. Army, Retired (x2)
    2009 F450 6.4L PSD C/C Lariat Dually 4x4 ("The Beast")w/ReTrax Pro Tonneau, Bedsaver, Ride-Rites & Titan 67 gal. Tank

2004 EZ-GO Gas Golf Cart ("The Li'l Beast")
    1997 Harley FLHTCU (Retirement Present)
    2009 NAHOC Rally / PAHOC Rally
    2010 NAHOC Rally / NYHOC Rally / Hershey RV Show
    2011 PAHOC Rally / NAHOC Rally / DE 5-State "Sweat Lodge" Rally / Hershey RV Show / NYHOC Rally
    2012 PAHOC Rally / NYHOC Rally / Hershey RV Show
    2013 NAHOC Rally / PAHOC Rally / Hershey RV Show
    2014 NAHOC Rally (well almost, made it 12 miles)
    2015 NAHOC Rally
    2016 VAHOC Rally
    2017 PAHOC Rally / NAHOC Rally
    2018 HOC NE Region Rally
    2019 NAHOC Rally / NYHOC Rally / PAHOC Rally

4. Print this Post   #4
    1st Tennessee Member#1084 lmcclure's Avatar

We have had ours for 3 years and the DW made me (yeah right) install a 32" Vizio in the front so that she can play tennis on a bigger set. She really gets into it so much I have to warn her not to hit the set. I like golf, hunting and bowling. It sure does help those cold nights when you can't get outside.
    Lee & Linda McClure
    Canyon Lake Tx Summer Rockport Tx Winter
    1st Tennessee Member #1084 Heartland Owners Group
    Now living in Texas
    Sundance 3200ES #30657
    Reese 16k slider
    Air Bags 5000K
    TST Tire and Temperature Monitoring System
    Transfer Flo 50 Gallon with Traxx
    http://travelingmcclures.blogspot.com/
    1st Tennessee Rally Townsend Tennessee
    2nd Tennessee Rally SouthHaven Ms

5. Print this Post   #5
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

Wii is definitely as much fun for adults as it is for kids. Very user friendly, intuitive, and gets you out of a chair and moving, unlike traditional video games. Even the basic game set that comes with the Wii is lots of fun! I've even seen them advertise Wii-based rehabilitation centers, for folks needing to rehab from surgery.
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2016 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 crew cab, long bed, DRW, 4X4
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

6. Print this Post   #6
    Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired 2psnapod2's Avatar

Just took delivery of our new LM and the Wii already had a spot. Now to just get all the electronics hooked up the way we want them. That will be a project for the first trip out.
    Michael and (Kelly) Barnett
    San Antonio TX
    HOC @1817
    2010 Ford F350 6.4 liter Lariat Dually FX4

2011 Inaugural MS/AL Rally- Newsite, MS
    2012 GA Rally- Elko, GA
    2012 Spring MS/AL Rally- Gulf Shore, AL

Follow us on our adventures!!! Our Blog Website is http://rvthereyetchronicles.wordpress.com/

7. Print this Post   #7
    Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs jbeletti's Avatar

Got a Wi installed in the San Antonio. Have yet to try it out. May need to get a second A/V cable to keep one on the TV in the storage compartment for outdoor Wi-ing

8. Print this Post   #8
    Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired 2psnapod2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbeletti View Post
    Got a Wi installed in the San Antonio. Have yet to try it out. May need to get a second A/V cable to keep one on the TV in the storage compartment for outdoor Wi-ing
    That could be a new rally event. Wii n to the oldies!
    Michael and (Kelly) Barnett
    San Antonio TX
    HOC @1817
    2010 Ford F350 6.4 liter Lariat Dually FX4

2011 Inaugural MS/AL Rally- Newsite, MS
    2012 GA Rally- Elko, GA
    2012 Spring MS/AL Rally- Gulf Shore, AL

Follow us on our adventures!!! Our Blog Website is http://rvthereyetchronicles.wordpress.com/

9. Print this Post   #9
    Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs jbeletti's Avatar

At the 2009 and 2010 rallies, Michael Kidd brought a Wii to the rally hall one evening after everyone had cleared out. He and a few others played Guitar Hero on the big screen for hours. This conversation reminds me of the Guitar Hero scene in the movie Couples Retreat where Vince Vaughn gives the other guy a pretty good lesson

Jim

10. Print this Post   #10

We do not own Wii but XBox360 has found a home in the new Bighorn. Being a musician, I love Guitar Hero and the Rock Band Series. Got the Old Playstation in the Basement for those outside events. Hope Mr. Kidd does this again this year!!!!
    Debbie Bylinski
    Florida Chapter
    HOC # 1135
    Northeast Region Director Retired

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast