EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: FL, Santa Rosa Beach - 8/12/2011 to 8/14/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Hogan;
14-16 right now. I should be getting things together tomorrow, food wise, and get packed. I'm going to see if I can check in Thursday and if so will try to get out of here early Thursday. My office manager/right hand man got back from vacation this morning, and this should ease things up a bit on my work load.

Mickey

jbeletti

Have a fun camp-out! We'll miss you guys (and Florida) but we'll be having fun in Wisconsin that weekend and hopefully be cooler than we've been the last month or so.

Have fun Mickey, Bonnie and gang!

Jim

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Thanks Mickey, looking forward to a great time. Jim enjoy the cool of the northland. Has not been too bad here, but those poor Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas folks are setting records with their heat. Ouch!!!

MICKEY

JIM;
I'm going to take pics of the Sea Food Fest and post it for ALL to envy:) Now I have seen you party...you'll miss the southern beach/island lifestyle. Sharks to the left of me ....Sharks to the right of me...Flip Flop wearing, Frozen Concoction drinking, Music playing, toes in the sand living.

hogan

We gonna have a party; up in the UP of Florida. Thanks Mickey for allowing us to join in the fun. And looks like we may find a new member from Alabama. How can he resist after being invited to join in the fun of your Florida Chapter HOC campout. Woo Hoo!!! I bet JB won't have any low country boil, file gumbo, and shrump scampi up there in the cold country.

hogan

Just to say how much we enjoyed participating with the Floridians in their UP campout. Everyone there was so friendly and so much fun. Lots of new friends and hopefully we will add a member couple from Laverne, Alabama to our chapter. They just happened to be at the campground in a Big Horn and joined our group festivities. We had plenty of wonderful Seafood and all the trimmings. We will see all of you down at Lazy Days next March for your Chapter Rally. Everyone have safe travel home and we will see you soon.

MICKEY

MICK15.jpgWOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO;
Thanks to everyone who went out of your way to make our first ever, Top Sail Hill State Park Camp Out, so much fun. Great people, great food, great location, great weather. We'll take that! Our group of friends Eric and Dorothy, Nita and Wayne, Hogan and Donna, Terry and Theresa, Kim and Dot, Randy, Cathy and Rand, and Bonnie and I had a great time with our Sea Food Fest. Nita made a Shrimp Scampi, Italian Style, Hogan made an old family recipe, Seafood Gumbo, and Bonnie and I made Low Country Boil, along with salads and deserts from Dorothy, Cheese dip and Banana Pudding from Donna, Theresa made Roast Beef Sliders, Dot brought a very nice salad, and our newest friends Randy and Cathy brought key lime pies. If you left hungry it was your own fault. The weather was warm, but a few fans helped out a good bit as well as a few cool beverages. Terry kept our funk on with music from the master, Jimmie Buffett. I'm going to post a few pics to help others see how we do it in the south. I got overheated Saturday after a healthy bike ride, then washing my coach in the sun. Thanks for all who were concerned and worked hard to help us pull off the cookout. It was appreciated. Thanks MickeyMICK14.jpg

MICKEY

I almost forgot to mention;
We had representatives from several states; Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia, and Florida. Thanks to you who made it fun. Mickey

GETnBYE

We had such a great time at TopSail.
A huge THANKS to Mickey and Bonnie for all of your hard work and to everyone who helped make this such fun.

Wayne and I enjoyed spending time with everyone that we already knew and getting to know them better and also meeting some great new friends.

Mickey, I'm still wishing we had a video to post of all the guys at Baytowne Wharf, "Hey, where did Kim go??? LOL

I only have the two photo's of us at the restaurant that the waitress did for us, she was so busy I hated to ask her to take a picture of us.

What a great time, we will remember it always.
Sadly, I got very few photos , guess we were to busy having fun. Going to start looking for a tripod and will practice nagging everyone to line up for the mandatory group photo.
Thanks to everyone.
Nita

Photos: Dinner at Longhorn, Friday evening.
HeartlandFloridaCampout8-2011 001.jpgHeartlandFloridaCampout8-2011 002.jpg

Last edited:

MICKEY

Wow;
It was late last night when I was putting the "results" together, and I forgot to mention out trip to Longhorn and to the Wharf. We had a great time there as well. I guess Jim is lucky we didn't do the video; the site would have been overwhelmed with so many hits. :) We will ahve to get back there again in the future now that I know the ropes. For those who don't know the Wharf is a really neat "attraction" sort of like downtown disney. Music, food, a drink or two, and lots of other things to do. Zip lines, rope walks about 3 stories up, and much more. Thanks Nita for taking us there. We should have done the video!!!

Bob Vaughn

I hate we had to miss this one, but I could not miss my appt. with the Orthopedic Surgeon. It is definite I am going to have to have a hip replaced. Bone on Bone. This dr. is in such demand the surgery is not for a month or so......He gave me a shot of wd-40 or something to ease the pain, now to schedule the surgery.......:(

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
To all that enjoyed the camp out at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, enjoy the memories. For all others, just a small taste of what you missed. Sorry it took so long for us to get home, and then for me to figure out how to retrieve the photos from my iPhone4. A BIG thanks to Bonnie and Micky for planning such a wonderful gathering of some of my Heartland family. Panhandle of Florida even in August heat and humidity while in the most perfect camp ground was a real blast. Hope to see all of you again, soon.:)

Attachments

• FL0174_r1.jpg
    FL0174_r1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 15
  • FL0175_r1.jpg
    FL0175_r1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 15
  • FL0176_r1.jpg
    FL0176_r1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 16
  • FL0177_r1.jpg
    FL0177_r1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 14
  • FL0178_r1.jpg
    FL0178_r1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 16
  • FL0179_r1.jpg
    FL0179_r1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 14
  • FL0180_r1.jpg
    FL0180_r1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 14
  • FL0181_r1.jpg
    FL0181_r1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 15
  • FL0182_r1.jpg
    FL0182_r1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 15
  • FL0183_r1.jpg
    FL0183_r1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
  • FL0184_r1.jpg
    FL0184_r1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
  • FL0185_r1.jpg
    FL0185_r1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 12
  • FL0186_r1.jpg
    FL0186_r1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 13
  • FL0187_r1.jpg
    FL0187_r1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 14
  • FL2_r1.jpg
    FL2_r1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 16
  • FL0190_r1.jpg
    FL0190_r1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 14

MICKEY

Eric and Dorothy;
Thanks for coming. You help make every event special. Great pics. Hope you had a good ride home. Say hellow to the Grandkids for us. We should have done the video :)

Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.