Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrong time on cell phone question

1. Print this Post   #1

Wrong time on cell phone question

My wife and I have Verizon for cell phones and have had for years (starting with an old bag phone). We've traveled from Indiana to Texas, Colorado, Canada, and up and down the east coast from D.C. to Key West, our phones always change time when we enter a new time zone, etc. We're currently in Chocowinity, NC in a campground, and a friend is with us, we all have Verizon, his phone shows the correct time, my wifes does "most" of the time, otherwise hers shows a time 2 hrs earliier, mines constantly shows 2 hrs earlier, I did the *228, no help, shut it down, removed battery, etc, when it comes back up the time is correct but within seconds it goes back 2 hrs. When I get a text message it shows correct time then again reverts 2 hrs off. When I leave the campground the go to Greenville the time is correct, soon as I get to the campground it's 2 hrs off. Stopped at the Verizon store today, they did a software update, the sales/service person said they've never seen or heard of a phone doing that before as they get their time from the receiving tower. It showed the correct time when we left the store in Greenville................until I got to the campground it then went to 2 hrs earlier again. It's not a Droid or smart phone just a simple open type w/keypad LG phone and my wife's is a LG Chocolate. Anybody got any ideas on what I can do to get the correct time.
    Rob n Mo (aka Mona) 1 Sheltie (Indy) 2 Silver Shaded Persians (Mocha & Shelby who now produced baby Shilo)
    2007 Ram Laramie dually 6.7 cummins
    94 FXDWG (hers)
    04 FLSTCI (his)
    Retired, now LIFE begins.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Wrong time on cell phone question

Hey, give this a try.

Set the time in the settings menu manually, then also in the settings menu go to network and enable auto-update. Ta-Da!

GEAUX SAINTS!

Goldenbetty & Dirty Harry - Kenner, LA
    Heartland Owner's Club #2307
    2008 Big Horn 3055; 2001- 2500 Chevy HD 8.1L,410 gears, Allison Transmission.
    Pets aboard: Marty, Puddin' & Wimpy (our feathered companions).
    2012-Oct. / AL/MS Fall Rally, Hattiesburg, Ms (our very FIRST Rally - just the beginning)!!!!

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbetty View Post
    Hey, give this a try.

Set the time in the settings menu manually, then also in the settings menu go to network and enable auto-update. Ta-Da!
    Well can't find a time setting in the phone, on network it's in auto mode, I got to the campground tonight, it had the correct time for about 1 hr then went 2 hrs back, the wife's phone is still showing the correct time now for the last 2 days. I think I'll just look at the time and subtract 2 hrs till we leave here. LOL
    Rob n Mo (aka Mona) 1 Sheltie (Indy) 2 Silver Shaded Persians (Mocha & Shelby who now produced baby Shilo)
    94 FXDWG (hers)
    04 FLSTCI (his)

4. Print this Post   #4
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

sounds like it time for a new phone.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

5. Print this Post   #5

Quote Originally Posted by jmgratz View Post
    sounds like it time for a new phone.
    Yeah that's what the salesman at the Verizon store said, mine's not even 2 yrs old yet. My wife's phone has now gone to 2 hrs backwards, we just went into Washington, NC (about 3 miles from the campground) and they both still have the incorrect time, so must be the tower here for some reason. Talked to my son in law, he's a tech wizard, after doing all his do's and try this's, his FINAL answer was "I think you guys are in the twilight zone". Oh well no big deal, just never saw this happen before so thought I'd toss it out to see if there was a remedy. Thanks
    94 FXDWG (hers)
    04 FLSTCI (his)

6. Print this Post   #6

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

7. Print this Post   #7
    Wesley and Niki Norwood ncrebel8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    That will work
    Wesley NorwoodWarrenton, NC2016 Fuzion 420 Chrome1980 Chevy Luv Diesel2008 Bighorn 3410RE

8. Print this Post   #8

Maybe you should do what I've thought about doing more times than I care to admit. Go to the local trap & skeet range, give it to the guy in charge & yell PULL!

Roy & Sally Evans
    2011 Elk Ridge 27RLSS
    2010 2500 Dodge Big Horn 6.7L Cummins
    Heartland Owners Club # 1736

9. Print this Post   #9

Check to see if it is set for he correct country. The sales rep had mine set to central America instead of central standard time.
    If you aren't in trouble or causing no trouble, you aren't having any fun!! And I am having a blast!!!
    How about you??
    2014 Ram, 3500, Laramie, Crew Cab, 4 X 4, DRW, Stock 6.7, Aisin, 3.73, Lights & Siren
    "Classic" 06 Landmark Mt. Rushmore, Mor-Ryd, Trail Air Air Pin, and a few improvements

10. Print this Post   #10

It seems like you have tried just about everything. My BB phone I have set to automatically change time zones when we travel. I leave my husbands so I manually change zones. What I do is go to 1. settings and tools. 2.tools. 3. World Clock. 4. Make sure North America is selected then 5. click on the "cities" which on his phone is the the upper right button on the phone. 6. Choose the city that is closest to where you are then hit OK. That may pull you into the correct time zone. If it doesn't work you're no worse off than you were before. Hope it helps, Diana
    2015 1 ton Ram Dually, Max Brake Controller,Mor/Ryde Suspension On Rear Springs, Air Bags,Tailgate Easylift & DeBoe Slide Step.
    1996 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Quadra Big Foot Plus Automatic Leveling System, Plug It Right Stabilizers
    www.plugitright.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast