water on bathroom floor

4ever

Now this one is very strange. Ocassionally we get water on the bathroom floor near the shower stall. We can go some times days, weeks or even a month without the problem then it will happen. It happended just yesterday when my wife took a shower but not when I took a shower. I don't beilive it comes from around the sliding doors becuase I never see any water on the outside of the doors. Water is always at the base of the stall and seems to be coming out from under the stall. Have gone into the basment and looked at the shower drain pipe and don't see any moisture their. When we were in Florida for 4 months it would happen some times and then we would go for weeks or a month before it would happen again. Has any one had this problem?

Ted

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The common water leak in the shower is along the joint where the glass wall meets the fiberglass surround and the base. This was due to insufficient or nonexistent caulking under the glass framing. Some folks completely removed the glass walls and laid a bead of caulk (silicone) to stop the leaks. I just ran a bead along the joint inside the shower and stopped it. Clean the surfaces before applying caulking.

It also helps to squeegee the water off the walls after showering. Gets rid of the excess water and helps keep soap scum from building.

funntheson

I also think that sometimes, after taking a shower, if you leave the shower door open, the water follows the bottom of the door and drips on the floor. It all depends on how much water hit the door during the shower.

Boca_Shuffles

Was there a change in the shower procedure? We didn't have a problem until the kids came over and took LONG showers. Turns out that they were standing there letting the water run down the walls. This was different than the quick "wet and soap" showers that the DW and I take.

Our problem was the water was going between the wall and the shower faucet. Inverted the handles so they faced up and used silicone behind the faucet. Solved the problem.

I had previously put the silicone bead around the glass also.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We had a leak exactly like that. Even to the point of it only happening when I took a shower, never Ray. It was at the top of the shower handle fixture. I ran a bead of silicone along the top, no more leak in over 2 years. I was washing the soap down off the walls when I was done, and Ray wasn't, which explained the timing of the leak. :)

mikeandconnie

My lower door seal is torn causing a leak, you may need to check this... I need to find a replacement for the seal.. Has anyone changed this out or found a replacement sourse.

4ever

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did caulk inside the stall where the galss stall meets the bottom fiberglass shower base. That did not seem to stop it. I will check the caulking again. It does not come from the door seals or doors being open. When ever we notice the water on the floor the fiberglaas shower base and aluminum frame are always dry. If it was coming from the seals on the sliding doors the fiberglass base and frame would have to have water. We have not changed anything on how we take showers. It is only my wife and I on the rig. Sometimes happens to me and some times to her. Also, can happen when the first person showeres or the second. As mentioned, we can go for weeks or even a month taking showers every day and not have the problem. Anyway, I will double check my caulking and check your other suggestions.

Thanks,

Ted

Peteandsharon

Interesting. We had an incident during a trip last year where there was water in front of the shower in our BH 3055. The floor mat was completely soaked. Strange part is that nobody had showered. However it did rain hard. Checked at the base of the bedroom slideout but it didn't appear to have come from there. Never did figure it out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check the glass/stall interface along the vertical sections, too. If the water gets in there, it's going to end up at the bottom and out on the floor.

Manzan

We had a similar problem with our first TT some twenty two years ago. The P trap for the shower was too long and depending where you stood, water would leak around the drain. Saw water dripping out where the side of the trailer met the floor oposite the side the shower was on. If the trailer had not be tipped slightly the right way, would have never seen it. Took it to the dealer and they took it apart and put in a shorter drain.

rnewk52

We had a similar mysterious water leak in our 2011 Cyclone. Turned out it was the toilet valve, seeping intermittently, and the trailer was just unlevel enough that the water ran toward the shower stall, which made it appear the leak was coming from the glass shower walls. Just another idea you can check out.

larneal

We had this very problem. Turns out it was the water connections to the shower. They must have loosened during travel. I just took the access door off the back of the shower and reached in and tightened them. Problem solved.